PDA

View Full Version : Another kind of Doom for DC

nate9999
May 31st, 2007, 21:12
Hello all, i realize there is already enough Doom ports for DC, but I found something a little different when i was messing around on the internet. It's called "Vavoom - the most advanced Doom source port" and features fully 3D graphics from what i could tell from the screenshots. It also supports Heretic, Hexen, and Strife.

Unlike my previous two posts, this one DOES have the source code available for download. The link to the source, screenshots, etc. is:

http://www.vavoom-engine.com/about.php

Even if another Doom port seems like a waste of time, please at least check the screenshots out before deciding. But anyway, I guess my main question is, how hard would that be to port for someone with little experience doing such things, or would anybody else be interested in porting this for the greater good of the DC?

Christuserloeser
May 31st, 2007, 21:21
Interesting, but yeah, with nxDoom we got a perfect Doom port already...

Polygonal engine with colored lighting, with software mode, OpenGL and Direct3D support, and any resolutions up to 1600x1200

A quick port using the software renderer would be slow I guess, so there's plenty of work required to implement hardware acceleration... I would prefer to see that in nxMakaqu first.

Still, it certainly looks interesting.