PDA

View Full Version : Question about a possible downgrade

Tauan
May 31st, 2007, 23:54
At this point in time I have a 2.81 PSP (Was once a 1.5 but I was stupid at the time and did a upgrade) and I saw that you can go to 3.03 and downgrade with GTA:LCS that has the PSP Update ver 2.00 updater below the UMD button in the Game menu. I do not have GTA:LCS but I do have Armored Core Formula Front: Extreme Battle that has a 2.00 version update button. So my question is can I use this in the place of GTA in the downgrade process?

The King
May 31st, 2007, 23:57
i doubt it because gta has specific bugs that allow you access to downgrade it

Tauan
June 1st, 2007, 00:09
Well I guess it just sucks to be me. Perhaps sometime soon a copy of GTA with the 2.00 version update will show up around here.

Tesseract
June 1st, 2007, 00:09
How, exactly did the LCS bug work? Is it something that may have been duplicated in other games, or could find its way into a separate executable?

Cloudhunter
June 1st, 2007, 00:52
How, exactly did the LCS bug work? Is it something that may have been duplicated in other games, or could find its way into a separate executable?

Well, it's possible but highly improbable that it will be found. It defineitely won't work on firmwares above 3.03 anymore.

Cloudy

Tauan
June 1st, 2007, 01:00
Today I got a new PSP game that wants me to update to 3.11 in order to play but I do not want to keep myself from getting 3.40OE to play PS1 games that I OWN already(I do not have a PS3 so it is impossible for me to get them that way and anyways it is messed up that I have to buy games that I already own again)

SpooForBrains
June 1st, 2007, 12:35
Then don't update to 3.11.

Keep looking for an unpatched copy of GTA.

Tauan
June 2nd, 2007, 04:41
Any special way to tell if it is unpatched so I do not have to buy and return until I luck out and get a unpatched?

ICE
June 2nd, 2007, 04:46
yep you gotta have the unpatched LCS. and im pretty sure there's no way to tell without putting it in and checking.

jamotto
June 2nd, 2007, 05:56
Any special way to tell if it is unpatched so I do not have to buy and return until I luck out and get a unpatched?

There are some websites with info on how to supposedly tell the difference by the way the cover looks and the product number. My experience, has been disappointing though. I've matched both, but got a 2.6 update not the 2.0 version.

If you expect to buy it via a major retail store, don't bother none of them have it.

Try buying/renting a used copy, as they tend to be older. Ebay is also an option, but with three tries my luck has been dismal as well . I've bought two that "advertised" they where 2.0 versions, that where in fact 2.6's. The last which I think was more likely to be legit(showed a reciept with a purchase date of 2005), but that auction topped out at $600.

In any case good luck.

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 07:09
Are you serious about the $600? You could just buy 6 used 1.5's for that much!

Triv1um
June 2nd, 2007, 13:44
Are you serious about the $600? You could just buy 6 used 1.5's for that much!

Yes on the day, it was madness.

Tauan
June 2nd, 2007, 19:55
I think the game rental location around here has a copy. If I am lucky it will be a 2.0

Safari Al
June 3rd, 2007, 00:07
I got mine off of ebay. I got mad though cause the guy sent the patched copy with the 2.60 update on it first then he sent the right one and i downgraded. If you need any specifics about the case or the game disc pm me.