PDA

View Full Version : Just about to get a psp again, have no idea what is going on.

Proxymatic
June 1st, 2007, 00:04
My old psp basically melted. The story started with the lcd cracking and me replacing it (mostly due to my parents not wanting to send it out to somewhere). All went well for about two days, until it started running really hot, like the battery and the entire backside, were extremely warm, by the time I realized that it was running hot, the motherboard fried and no psp.

Now I was too young for a job at the time, and my parents weren't exactly to hear that my $200 dollar toy fried itself to extra crispy. So they didn't buy me a new one.

So I basically left the whole Psp scene (both homebrew and regular games) altogether. And I am just now returning.

I've read about new motherboards being installed which "block" homebrew. I don't want that, is there something that I should look for to get a psp that doesn't have that new mobo? Like a specific serial # or something? Or is that blocking homebrew thing just a fake and its regularly bypassable anyway? If thats the case, how?

Sorry for the probably already answered questions, Search wasn't working for me :(

pt9087
June 1st, 2007, 01:49
Your best bet is to get a second hand psp! below firmware 3.10! i cant say which box code or give any idea on a certain one becasue i dont know which country you are from!

edit you profile!

SpooForBrains
June 1st, 2007, 12:26
Or get a homebrew ready PSP from SuccessHK - there's links in the news forum.

Ideally you want a 2.71 or lower firmware PSP. 2.80 or lower can be downgraded with some work. 3.03 or lower can be downgraded with an unpatched (ie old) copy of Liberty City Stories (and they're becoming hard to find).

parkermauney
June 1st, 2007, 17:34
At best buy, most are at 2.71, just check behind the other boxes. If the barcode has a K on it, it is 2.71. If the barcode has a J on it, it is 2.80. Other numbers haven't been released yet.