PDA

View Full Version : Independance Exploit with Gameshark

dodgeme
June 1st, 2007, 01:01
Is it possible to use the exploit with a newer version of gameshark. Such as Gameshark Gamecodes. Ive tried but never got the file to copy right.

Tesseract
June 1st, 2007, 02:57
Make sure that you delete the existing 'Your System Configuration' file from your memory card first. This won't hurt anything at all... But if it exists, then you won't be able to overwrite a new one to perform the Exploit.

Balthasar00
June 1st, 2007, 04:55
Make sure that you delete the existing 'Your System Configuration' file from your memory card first. This won't hurt anything at all... But if it exists, then you won't be able to overwrite a new one to perform the Exploit.

Exactly. Some tutorials forget mentioning about this step. I personaly installed the exploit with the ar max evo kit.

parkermauney
June 1st, 2007, 05:18
What is the indepenance exploit?
EDIT: Oh F*** this is the PS2 forums, sorry guys!

dodgeme
June 3rd, 2007, 20:15
thats where my problem comes in. after i delete my system config the gameshark copies the file over but keeps the extension of the file so it dosent do anything.

Tesseract
June 3rd, 2007, 22:32
Not sure if the GameShark's the same thing, but the ARMax will 'crush' gamesaves into a proprietary format that takes up less space. If you just copy the crushed file, it won't do any good. You have to 'uncrush' it to the Memory Card.

Balthasar00
June 3rd, 2007, 23:50
Not sure if the GameShark's the same thing, but the ARMax will 'crush' gamesaves into a proprietary format that takes up less space. If you just copy the crushed file, it won't do any good. You have to 'uncrush' it to the Memory Card.

Yep, following the ARMax metode you will need to uncrush data by checking the checkboxe.

Follow this tutorial for the ARMax and don't forget to delete ''Your System Configuration'' not mentioned in the guide.

http://exploitstation.com/articles/armax_exploit_usb/ARMaxExploitUSB.html

Lucky enough, you could simply rent the armax kit.. Or buy a used one. I had to pay 60 $ for a single utilisation. :\

Tesseract
June 4th, 2007, 00:02
I picked up the version sans USB drive (but with a 16MB MemCard) for $40 at Best Buy. Small price to pay, truth be told, as long as you've already got your own USB Mass Storage device (Any flash drive or PSP w/patch cable).