PDA

View Full Version : Need Help On 3.40 OE

YourStillWithMe
June 1st, 2007, 09:59
Ok, im not a noob so please dont give me a lame answer such as "Make sure you are running 3.40 OE and not 3.40 by going to your system info." I've been with the psp scene since the swapping of the memory stick method on firmware 1.50, so i know what i am doing in terms of flashing files, where things go, and how the psp operates.

I'm on 3.40 Oe A and have my recovery installed with the 1.50 update ready for safety in the F:/psp/game/RECOVERY root and i cannot seem to load up my recovery at all. IN FACT, IM HAVING PROBLEMS STARTING UP MY PSP PERIOD!After a good 10-12 times of trying to power on my psp, it has come on. I've had to repeat this process a couple of times to get my psp to start, but still no recovery mode. It has not been bricked because it started up a couple of times prior. I'm thinking of unflashing all of my files to the default, just to be extra safe but cannot seem to do that. I remember there being a way to launch the recovery from within the XMB, does anyone know where I can get this launcher? Thanks!

im gonna either A-not use my psp for a bit and just wait for the 3.50 oe update to fix me up or

B-find that program that lets me launch the recovery from within the cross media bar. Please, if you know where i can get that or have any advice, please post! thanks!

Chameleon
June 1st, 2007, 10:11
google "Recovery EBOOT for all OE types", im not sure how well it works ( havent tried it yet), but if that doesnt work try "two recoverys for OE"

ZeakStarwind
June 1st, 2007, 10:21
I'm not sure how to help you either as I've never experience this problem before either, but as what chameleon said use this program that runs in XMB Link to Recovery XMB (http://pspupdates.qj.net/Recovery-EBOOT-for-all-OE-types-released/pg/49/aid/90193)

bufinjer
June 1st, 2007, 13:18
Well I was going to leave the link, but someone else beat me to it. I've never heard of this problem, but a question for you. Does it seem like it loads, but the screen is black when you start the recovery mode?? I know you're not a noob, but this got me the first time it happened to me. Sometimes in 3.40OE-A when I start the recovery mode I have to hit the brightness button to see the menu, the screen starts black for some reason. The first time this happened to me I thought I was bricked, but that's all it was. Just a shot in the dark, maybe it will help. If not, it may be a flash problem. Good luck...

parkermauney
June 1st, 2007, 18:11
Just try reflashing OE. (Run the installer again.)

b_simpson1999
June 1st, 2007, 21:38
have you tried scep preview version 2 or even 4 cos that gives a bit of recovery but not sure if this will help or not