PDA

View Full Version : Light Gun Question

DanielKurland
June 2nd, 2007, 01:11
I'm aware that this was asked before, but there was no definitive solution provided, and I have the same problem. My light gun (It's the Mad Catz one) is recognized, it fires, the screen flashes white, but no crosshairs appear on the screen, which makes things substantially more difficult. The gun can be calibrating by more or less guess-shooting the screen, but there's still no cross hair. My TV is 60 Hz and everything, and I've tried messing with the contrast, and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem, or at least have some sort of idea how to remedy it? Thansk for your time.

beetroot bertie
June 2nd, 2007, 11:32
I also have the Madcatz gun for my DC but I've never had this this happen and have managed to calibrate it OK in both House Of The Dead 2 and Confidential Mission (both PAL releases).

I can only suggest trying it in port 2 to see if it does the same and if possible, to borrow another gun off a friend to see if that suffers from the same problem. If it does then at least you know it's your hardware (either the DC or the TV) that's the problem. You could eliminate your gun from the equation by trying it on a different DC & TV with a different copy of the game (if a friend has also bought it too). I guess just try to eliminate the different factors by trying alternatives if possible.

DanielKurland
June 2nd, 2007, 13:43
Putting it in port 2 doesn't do anything differently, and when I play with a regular controller, crosshairs DO appear, so I'm pretty certain that the issue IS the gun. Would it be possible that if it was a PAL gun, and not a PAL game, that this would be happening? If this was the case though, would it just not recognize the gun at all though, as opposed to just "kind of working". My copy of Virtua Cop 2 though is Japanese, and the same issue occurs. I've been searching the internet for hours, and like no one has written about this issue which I find very strange. Any other ideas?

I should also mention that in House of the Dead 2, when calibrating the gun, there is no cross hair, but after eventually hitting the three targets, and it shows the next screen, the crosshair IS visible, on the white screen, when it asks if you want to reset the aim, but only then. Does the fact that I CAN see a crosshair at one point mean the problem isn't the gun? Does the fact that it happens on a white screen maybe offer any additional clues to this? Thanks again.