PDA

View Full Version : hen-D not loading properly?

falco216
June 2nd, 2007, 07:14
so got a new psp for my birthday firmware is 2.71

i followed the instructions in hend readme, i go to the photo viewer and view hen-d psp looks like it freezes for a second, first time it when to a blue screen, then a green screen (files have successfully been written to flash) then shuts off, accorading to the readme its not suppossed to shut off, second time i run it after turning it back on, blue screen then shuts off, tried several times to get this to work, psp actually shuts off, not the screen (e.g brightness is not off)

im not sure whats wrong anybody know what im suppossed to do? psp is ta-082 by the way

EDIT: wrong forum sorry wasnt looking when i made the thread... sorry!

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 07:39
I'd just keep trying til you can downgrade, then you won't have to keep messing with it.

falco216
June 2nd, 2007, 07:48
completely restarted formatted memory stick, restore factory settings

ran hen-d SAME THING happened again, except downgrader popped up as not corrupted under games,

game could not be started (80020148)

so close.... so close

Edit: got hen-d to work downgrader running now thanks for your help anyway

edit2: i think i forgot to run id storage change before running downgrader hope it doesnt brick :(

Edit3: tried to turn it back on, black screen i think its bricked mother****, hope the warranty's still good

Edit4: bringing it back to futureshop, hope they give me a new one

Edit5: whoo edit recordd! anyway, bricked in under 3 hours... new record?

aznTerz
June 2nd, 2007, 09:59
XD my point proven...
thats why i still havent downgraded...
im still on 2.71 hend.... and ive been using it for at least a yr...
i wish peoplez would create more hend supported apps

falco216
June 2nd, 2007, 10:21
why didnt id storage appear under games..... hen d was loaded and i followed the instructions in readme in ta-082 downgrader id storage change, why cant people make something thats less confusing

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 15:50
Have you tried turning it back on and pressing the screen brightness button? If it doesn't come up, then yeah you're bricked. Sucks doesn't it? If you have a best buy warranty, they'll take it back no questions asked, but with sony, they'll interogate, and then give you back a 3.50.

If not, get a used 1.50 from ebay. about $50-$120 at the most.

falco216
June 2nd, 2007, 18:22
brick sucks yea... but do you know what sucks more?

sony, god i hate sony, homebrew is the only reason i
got the psp in the first place without homebrew the psp.... blows

xg917
June 2nd, 2007, 19:04
XD my point proven...

y dont u just use devhook to go to 1.50. u can play any homebrew game then with out actually downgrading ;)

and sorry to hear about ur brick man :(
if u get a new one, just make sure that u run the idstoragechange first before downgrading.. if u got warrenty, just go to the store and if they ask u wut happened to it, tell them u were upgrading ur psp and then it shut off and wont turn on

falco216
June 2nd, 2007, 20:10
got a new psp!!! wub future shop (return guy thought lcd was broken so new woot!)

give me a step by step guide on how to downgrade with no brikcing, im not gonna do anything until i know i got it right, thanks guys

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 20:39
Do what you did first, just don't skip the idstoragechange part.

XD my point proven...

He skipped the most important part of the entire dg, patching the "Downgrade Proof" Motherboard.

falco216
June 2nd, 2007, 20:44
yea i did, ftp brick, i have 2.71 corruption free downgrader on my desktop, is this like an all in one idstorage change/downgrader? downloaded after bricked, this isnt the one that bricked my other psp

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 20:48
Well first, you need to check if you have 2.71.
http://www.maxconsole.net/content_img/ta82spot.jpg

Now use this dg:
http://downgrader.lan.st/ta082down.rar

If you don't have a ta-082, you just skip the idstoragechange part. But DO NOT SKIP IT IF YOU DO!

Do everything right, and there is a 99.5% chance of not bricking.

falco216
June 2nd, 2007, 23:34
i had that file on my psp when i bricked it, just forgot to run it :(

id storage change executed, tells me to run generic downgrader now... do it? currently at xmb psp has not restarted since i started....

hen-D is still enabled formatted memory stick and restored factpry settings before i started... run generic downgrader?

went with my gut and executed generic downgrader, ****ing w00t!!!!!

1.50 is gonna be fun!!

incase you didnt get the hint everythings fine and im on 1.50 ****ing w00t! time to upgrade to 3.40 OE-A

used easy 3.40 OE-A running 3.40 OE-A now and loving it