PDA

View Full Version : 4GB memory stick problem or PSP problem?

Commander Koont
June 2nd, 2007, 16:22
ok now heres the problem i have tried many things and still no solution. so ill go in order on what occurs

So I have a 4Gb sony memory stick and i have about 3.00 gigs goin on it. now when i transfer the music over it completes and i can access them and play them on the computer right when it completes. BUT!!! if i disconnect the psp and try to use them on the psp it says that most of the folders (about 40 out of 55 folders) have no music in them and i cant delete them becuz theres files other than music in them... So i REFORMAT and then try it again .... Same thing now i have also tried many times and it accepts the folders that didnt work before and can play them and others that did work dont work ... its very confusing

NOW IS THIS A PSP PROBLEM OR A MEMORYSTICK PROBLEM
Psp is 3.40 firmware
and have 4gb memory stick from sony thanks

Triv1um
June 2nd, 2007, 16:44
Hmmmm....

1. Are you sure your Memory Stick is genuine?

2. Are you running linux?

3. Is your Memory Stick reading through your PSP or through a Memory Stick reader?

parkermauney
June 2nd, 2007, 16:51
If you're on osx, (I doubt it) it leaves little files in every folder for spotlight, so that may be a problem.

steve520
June 2nd, 2007, 18:34
yeah you never know my 2gb memory stick was fake when I bought it off ebay because it only held 1gb and then it didnt work like yours so if you bought from e bay or some thrift store it could be fake

Commander Koont
June 3rd, 2007, 20:00
ok now im not very literate on the psp world so some questions i have are
1 what is osx
2 i have filled up the memory card to the maximum before with movies
3 how can(or if there is a way) to get ride of that "spotlight" thing
4 when i read it through the computer right after i just got done transfering files it can be used (by dragin back off from the psp to computer) but if i disconnect psp after the transfer the computer or psp can read the certain files( in a way they become corrupt)

bytor
June 5th, 2007, 09:00
I've had the same problem with a 4gb card. I put an album on in a folder and it said theres no tracks, but it worked without the tracks being in a folder? Thats using win xp and the firmware is 3.30 oe...

bah
June 5th, 2007, 09:20
bytor: It may have been removed on later firmwares, but the PSP (at least it used to) has a limit for where you can place music/images/video etc.

There could only be 1 folder deep from the inside of the /PSP/MUSIC/ folder.

Ie
/PSP/MUSIC/Pixies - Wave of Mutilation/01-bone machine.mp3 would work fine

/PSP/MUSIC/Pixies/Wave of Mutilation/01-bone machine.mp3 would not.

Basically, you can make a folder inside /PSP/MUSIC/ and put mp3s in there, but you cannot make a folder inside a folder in /PSP/MUSIC/ and put them in there.

parkermauney
June 5th, 2007, 17:56
Oh duh! You have to right click the psp icon in explorer, and click eject whenever you're done transfering the files.

Commander Koont
June 8th, 2007, 01:27
Ok so the best thing i should do is try the solution of not putting another folder in PSP/Music/ ok well this is what i do i go into PSP/ then i go into Music/ then i put all my folders in there so ill try to not put those folders in there .. thanks

Terminal
June 22nd, 2007, 01:27
Currently, I have had 2 psp memory sticks act strangely. The first was a two gig which I bought off of E-bay. It worked perfectly for about three months, then it began deleting files on it's own and programs started to become corrupted. After quite a few formats, the problem persisted, so I purchased a 4 gig from amazon.

This worked perfectly for about one month and now I'm having some issues with the psp formatting the memory stick. If the psp is used to format the stick, the game folder is filled with an infinite amount of corrupt files that can't be deleted. When accessed through the usb link, there are no files on the memory stick.

I don't have the slightest clue as to what is causing this, and I am currently using 3.40 OE-A firmware. Any ideas?

h4s30
June 23rd, 2007, 09:16
you have not been gipped once but twice my good buddy fake memcards are everywhere nowadays buying that type of stuff from online is absoultely a nono

While on a 3.00+ firmware, whether your actually on one, emulating with Devhook or your using 3.02OE:

1: Browse to your memory stick under game, video, photo or music.
2: Press triangle and select information
3: If it says its magic gate compatible its real. If not then its fake.

thats from evovlexmb btw
go there and support that site also