PDA

View Full Version : PSP Earth - Beta 0.2 Out Tommorow

mat_dizzy
June 2nd, 2007, 23:36
http://www.psp-spot.com/uploads/020d5007ee.png

Thats right, as ive been doing my GCSE's and have been on holiday i havent really had much chance to program PSP Earth. :( I'm thinking about coding it in LUA and compiling it into an eboot, but for the time being, i will release what i have made so far.. tommorow! (Sunday 3rd June 2007) ;) I'm mean eh :o

This is a scheduled released and will 99% not be called back, only if worst comes to worst and someone major happens which.. is unlikely.

I'd like to point out that theres not many webcam streams so far, and this release is purely for public beta testing, and i have noticed quite a demand on the internet, and i do think fair enough as i scheduled to release this about a month ago :o Anyway... *wistles randomly*

I'm going to get a few more streams and info added ect for tommorow, as im going to have a game of mario kart ds now... dont ask :thumbup: Aw cmon its getting on now, half 10 :p but really, enjoy guys :)

blackrave
June 3rd, 2007, 00:47
Alright, thanks for the news, Matt! Hope your GCSE's went fine and that you had a fine holiday. This will be neat. I still have your old webcam viewer on my PSP and sometimes watch streams, both from my town and Times Square. It's awesome :D

I would very much like to help you develop this by providing webcam stream links and maybe other stuff, but I guess you can find that yourself.

Anyway, I'll check here tomorrow for your release. Hope I see you on MSN as well.

parkermauney
June 3rd, 2007, 01:16
So this runs in the web browser, at full speed? That's a big enough accomplishment in itself if you ask me!

mat_dizzy
June 3rd, 2007, 10:44
So this runs in the web browser, at full speed? That's a big enough accomplishment in itself if you ask me!

Well... it does depend on your internet connection speed, so ive kept the java script quite simple so the psp browser does not run out of memory.

The image currently refreshes every 3-4 seconds, as this is the refresh rate of most cameras, some even longer. So please dont expect a master piece by the end of the day guys :cool: It's still being dramaticly worked on :p

parkermauney
June 3rd, 2007, 17:10
Ok, i thought it was a live video stream. :p

micster
June 3rd, 2007, 20:35
Does it need OE firmware or does it work on normal firmware?

parkermauney
June 3rd, 2007, 20:44
Just 2.71 or up, it'll work on OE too.