PDA

View Full Version : PSP Earth Beta 0.2 OUT NOW!

mat_dizzy
June 3rd, 2007, 19:37
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspearth0.JPG

Hey guys, remember this is a work in progress and currently has 3 webcam streams ;) Make sure you read the README file before you start shouting on here at me or anything like that :P And also remember that this is only an engine demonstration. Ive recently taken GCSE exams and had a holiday so i havent had time to work on it, but now i will, so expect future updates :)

Anyway, here it is, remember to read all of the readme file!

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSP_Earth_Webcam_Feed_Released)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSP_Earth_Webcam_Feed_Released

Heres a screenshot of the Webcam feed working

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/snap002.JPG

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ICE
June 3rd, 2007, 19:41
cool i'll check it out now ;)

EDIT: works quite well! very cool!
heres a screenie.

mat_dizzy
June 3rd, 2007, 19:56
Aha nice to know its working, someone said the zip was corrupt but he's also got it working now, had abit of a panic then :P btw nice screenshot theICE_MAN =] maybe people could post cool things they see going on, maybe fights or stuff :P

ICE
June 3rd, 2007, 19:58
lol i'll watch out for fights or pick pocketes ;)

Weeman5872
June 3rd, 2007, 20:17
it looks good so far, but ive only tried on my pc, as my psp screen is wrecked as you already know :p

btw, i re-downloaded it, and it worked, i dunno y is corrupt b4 :S

ah well :p

Scarface.nl
June 3rd, 2007, 20:31
Thank you boy

It is great! app I give you feedback xD

splodger15
June 3rd, 2007, 20:36
Nice I hope you can get some more in London area aswell as the States

Elven6
June 3rd, 2007, 20:54
Seems creepy knowing millions of PSP users could be watching you move down a street!

mat_dizzy
June 3rd, 2007, 21:01
Seems creepy knowing millions of PSP users could be watching you move down a street!

Well one soloution... dont go outside? ;)

really though, when you say millions... i dont think it will become THAT popular! Anyway... so the engine is working well for everyone?

Emeriastone
June 3rd, 2007, 21:15
This is very nice, and a good idea for psp users (not just homebrew users too, good for those who are psp-homebrewless). I agree that more locations would be nice as well.

Also, this could be made for the PS3!

You would need to change the resolution for the screen size, but essentially, this would work in the same way!!

PSP 101
June 3rd, 2007, 21:18
Wow! This pretty sweet, can't wait for more updates.

Mr.Denny
June 3rd, 2007, 21:28
When I click on to view any cam the actual image doesn't pop up. It refreshes but stays on a blank box with the usual red X in the top left.

Any help?

mat_dizzy
June 3rd, 2007, 21:34
Make sure your PSP is connected to the internet, as when you go to this file straight away it wont ask you to connect as the core website is on your memory stick but of course the stream is being provided from the internet ;)

Mr.Denny
June 3rd, 2007, 21:41
Make sure your PSP is connected to the internet, as when you go to this file straight away it wont ask you to connect as the core website is on your memory stick but of course the stream is being provided from the internet ;)

Oh yeah :P

Thanks for this Mat_Dizzy. It's quite an impressive app indeed.

Many thanks :)

stevo11185
June 3rd, 2007, 21:49
1 thing. make sure you have your internet on before using this. for example if you have your internet set to not connect it will not work ill upload a funny image of something i saw

Solidsnake3000
June 3rd, 2007, 21:55
quick question are u actually seeing people or what is this thing for real or does it just show pics because it looks fake to me

soad825
June 3rd, 2007, 21:55
ok, how bored (or weird,lonely,crazy,etc.)do you have to be to watch other people and stuff BTW very great app. shows a lot of potential.

b_simpson1999
June 3rd, 2007, 21:59
it just like big brother but crapier lol, oh well, shows a lot of potential.

maxipower90
June 3rd, 2007, 22:00
very nice, ohhh yeaaa

kalhalla
June 3rd, 2007, 22:05
Very neat, checking it out now.

mat_dizzy
June 3rd, 2007, 22:06
quick question are u actually seeing people or what is this thing for real or does it just show pics because it looks fake to me

Okay i may be sad enough to release an app to watch the world go bye :p but im not sad enough to fake it ;)

This application is 100% geuine in terms of real-time live footage, if you dont believe me, check it out for yourself! :cool:

:thumbup:

Marusame
June 3rd, 2007, 22:25
i..i think i just so a cop ask a person a question. and apparently, those woman their dont know what a bra is.(sometimes its a good thing, but then again its very bad.)

lots of black umbrellas,...and pink.

i see words on pp sometimes. some that looks like its from somewhere else. does this camera take photos?(the one on the square) it says something Zone, seems like a light or something from a sign maybe.

Nice application.

pt9087
June 3rd, 2007, 22:25
Some guy and his kid was waving at me! lmfao!

blackrave
June 3rd, 2007, 22:33
This app has improved from your previous webcam viewer. It's great. I have to say I've added a few streams from my town. It's so easy once you have the templates and engine that you have made.

I've seen many things from Times Square before. One time I saw a young man standing in front of the camera for about five minutes, if not longer, holding a banner where it said "Remember [I can't remember exactly what, but I remember searching for it on the net and found out it was something that happened in a Mexican town with lots of youths protesting against something, and many of them lost their lives. Does anyone know that?]".

Matt, great work. :)

pt9087
June 3rd, 2007, 22:38
i..i think i just so a cop ask a person a question.

Lol dude i saw that!!! Haha

TinCAnfoilman
June 3rd, 2007, 22:49
How do i change to another webcam?

grebn
June 3rd, 2007, 22:51
Hey Matthew!

Fantastic - me, Kerry and Wob were all pretty stunned by it. Although Wob said you need to get out more.

But hey - with live streams direct to your PSP, who needs the outside world?

Grebn

ab88
June 3rd, 2007, 22:52
I've seen many things from Times Square before. One time I saw a young man standing in front of the camera for about five minutes, if not longer, holding a banner where it said "Remember [I can't remember exactly what, but I remember searching for it on the net and found out it was something that happened in a Mexican town with lots of youths protesting against something, and many of them lost their lives. Does anyone know that?]".

Matanza de Tlatelolco(Tlatelolco massacre) maybe? Many students were shot by the Mexican government in 1968. This all to stop them from protesting. Many died (hundreds) in the military shootings. Yup it was brutal and enraging :(
I'm happy Mexico is much, much better now, not to get political or anything but that last president ended many years of repression and political disturbances, not all of course as one can only do so much in the course of 6 years.

TinCAnfoilman
June 3rd, 2007, 22:55
AHHH how do i change to a different webcam

blackrave
June 3rd, 2007, 23:18
Matanza de Tlatelolco(Tlatelolco massacre) maybe? Many students were shot by the Mexican government in 1968. This all to stop them from protesting. Many died (hundreds) in the military shootings. Yup it was brutal and enraging :(
I'm happy Mexico is much, much better now, not to get political or anything but that last president ended many years of repression and political disturbances, not all of course as one can only do so much in the course of 6 years.

I don't think it was exactly that, the name is completely unknown to me. I have it "on my tongue", though, so I'm gonna find out what it was. It was something very similar. Sounds horrible. Protests too often lead to loss of lives and property. I'm glad to hear you say things are better now.

AHHH how do i change to a different webcam

Edit the HTML files to display the webcams of your wishes.

Solidsnake3000
June 3rd, 2007, 23:30
ok it seems real to me but can u hack other cameras because there is a store next to my house and they have cameras on the roomthat sees people when the walk by is there a posible way to veiw thos cameras

stevo11185
June 3rd, 2007, 23:44
ok it seems real to me but can u hack other cameras because there is a store next to my house and they have cameras on the roomthat sees people when the walk by is there a posible way to veiw thos cameras

looooooooooooooooooooool. you can only hack cameras that use still images. i myslef looked at the source code and foundn out how to make my own locations with webcam links. well pm me or add me [email protected] to fin out how.

also i would like to help to get new locations for pspearth so if that would be possible i could help further develop this very cool app.

madcupid
June 4th, 2007, 00:31
Okay i may be sad enough to release an app to watch the world go bye :p but im not sad enough to fake it ;)

This application is 100% geuine in terms of real-time live footage, if you dont believe me, check it out for yourself! :cool:

:thumbup:

Hey Matt, as a matter of fact, tell him to walk by one of the cameras an wave to his mom...maybe he'll believe then...

Squidman
June 4th, 2007, 00:32
i feel proud of myself, i fixed my problem by actually reading ;)

lol, back on topic, this is an excellent web-app, i now have use for the browser...besides getting by firewalls at school.

Solidsnake3000
June 4th, 2007, 02:00
looooooooooooooooooooool. you can only hack cameras that use still images. i myslef looked at the source code and foundn out how to make my own locations with webcam links. well pm me or add me [email protected] to fin out how.

also i would like to help to get new locations for pspearth so if that would be possible i could help further develop this very cool app.

just pm me on how because it would be nice to hack the store cameras

Ranmax09
June 4th, 2007, 02:40
Nice app man, You should add one of the Ghost Cams in your next release :D

xchinamanx
June 4th, 2007, 02:42
this is cool man!!! is there any way to set a webcam of our own?? and are thoose ur webcam in the streets???

omg..>!! so much taxis!!!...

it'll BE SOOOOO FUNNY IF THERES A GUN SHOOT AT NIGHT AND I SEE IT,

OR

A HOOKER walking!!!, right now i see the place raining, everyone have umbreeaala

edited :
we should have a contest who can take the COOLEST screen shot of the street!! LOL

obiwan22
June 4th, 2007, 03:03
how come when I put any cam on it just has a refresh symbol in the top left corner and it only shows a blank screen?

DarthPaul
June 4th, 2007, 03:31
Yeah boy! I wanna see car crashes!! I wanna see blood!!

Squidman
June 4th, 2007, 04:59
how come when I put any cam on it just has a refresh symbol in the top left corner and it only shows a blank screen?

i had that problem, what you do is turn on your wireless on the PSP, then load an actual page to turn on the wireless and make it connect to your router [notice the green light isn't on when you start the index.html file, it's a local file so it doesn't know that it needs to start the wireless]...so just load google, then go back to the index.html, and view away

rbervoets
June 4th, 2007, 18:20
sweet, is it alright if i upload this on my site for everyone to use.

Full credit is yours ofcourse!

By the way this is scary!

just think of what terrorists can do if they get a hold of this !

mat_dizzy
June 4th, 2007, 18:48
Yeah i dont see why not, but i would like to have the url to see what type of feedback it gets ect :)

rbervoets
June 4th, 2007, 22:20
kk thanks

Sinistar
June 5th, 2007, 02:23
Hey this looks like a pretty cool app. I'm going to try it later!

gorkagb_89
June 5th, 2007, 13:25
is there any way to add new cameras on our own? if so, please tell how, as it'll be very funny to see in our PSPs the city where we live in and the people pass through. thanks to mat_dizzy for doing this application, really good one!

blackrave
June 5th, 2007, 23:31
gorkagb_89, try investigating the different HTML files and find out how everything works and what leads to what, then experiment a little by editing the files. You can use a simple program as Notepad for that. Alternatively, you can use a WYSIWYG editor to have full control of how it'll look.

carlitx
June 6th, 2007, 00:11
nice app but when i try to load a cam akll i get is the little box with the red X in it neone help?

JAMIL
June 11th, 2007, 15:52
Has anyone go any more links to webcam streams please? Thankyou

pspryu101
July 4th, 2007, 18:44
nice app but when i try to load a cam akll i get is the little box with the red X in it neone help?

u have to connect to ur internet first jus type in any site so it'll connect if u have wifi BTW dis app is really awesome!! i can't wait for future updates like the v.05...dizzy i heard der will be 30+ webcams on it!!! wow!! dat's alot!!

Elven6
July 19th, 2007, 01:27
Bit late in but u can also get feeds for Chelsea Stadium, (Its in England for those who don't know) go to their site, its some where their, I remember seeing them their before they redesigned their site. If you still check this out I might post em if I can find them again.