PDA

View Full Version : Music Streaming

Malumvolo
June 3rd, 2007, 22:07
I wanted to know if there is a media player for the DS that can connect to a server and stream music, like shoutcast?

I know when I modded my xbox that an app called Xbox Media Center could connect to shoutcast.

Is there one? If not, I think it should be possible...

DanTheManMS
June 4th, 2007, 02:02
You could use DSOrganize. When you use it to launch a .pls file (perhaps others) it will connect to the radio stream and start playing it.

If you want to make your own stream, you could try SylphAmp, which is a Winamp plugin that streams the music it plays over the network to your DS, but it only works on WAV and MP3 files as far as I know.

Malumvolo
June 5th, 2007, 04:58
so your saying that if I put the playlist file for a shoutcast station on my DS and launch it with DSOrganise?

Is there any wireless configuration I need to do for DSOrganise to work that way?

DanTheManMS
June 5th, 2007, 05:34
Yes, if you put the playlist file on your card, DSO should be able to launch it.

However, your wifi setup must work with homebrew first. Make sure you're using all manual settings in your WFC config instead of having it automatically obtain everything. Also make sure SSID Broadcasting is enabled, and that you're using a router and not the Nintendo wifi stick (if you're using the Nintendo USB dongle, you can install modified drivers to turn it into a softAP so that it will work with homebrew).

Other than that, see http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10320 and http://www.ds-xtra.com/Common_Homebrew_Wifi_Problems for help with getting your DS to work with homebrew wifi.

Malumvolo
June 5th, 2007, 05:44
Sweet, thank you so much!

Malumvolo
June 8th, 2007, 02:04
Okay I got DSOrganise running, and my shoutcast station on the memory card.

When I go to launch the .pls file from the browser, It just cycles through all my stations really fast without playing anything. Any Idea whats going on?

DanTheManMS
June 8th, 2007, 05:14
Not really, no. Using your download from http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65342 I tried the "17 80s Classic Rock Rock (112).pls" file, which worked well enough.

Malumvolo
June 8th, 2007, 08:10
Ill try a few other stations later.

I dont know how to describe this, but when you open a station, it shows a list of other titles (probably the same station, but different speed or quality) anyway, that is what DSOrganise scrolls through unstopably when I launch a .pls file.

DanTheManMS
June 8th, 2007, 08:38
Hm, it might not be able to connect to your wireless router. Have you been able to get other DS homebrew wifi apps working?

Malumvolo
June 9th, 2007, 07:05
Yes, the DS Wifi Test app works fine.

also I have just plain nintendo wifi connection working, then I have been able to use a homebrew app downloader program that launches from DSOrganise.

This may be a cause.

When I boot DSOrganise, I get an error saying, "The resource directory is incomplete. Certain features such as the Homebrew Database and homebrew booting might not work and some graphics may be missing!"

I am fairly sure that this is the cause of my problems, but after this error shows it does go on to load DSOrganise, and it seems to work fine.

DanTheManMS
June 9th, 2007, 07:12
Ah, you did copy the "DSOrganize" folder over to the root of your card, right? DSO will make its own copy if one doesn't exist, but it's best to use the one provided in the download.

Also make sure to patch the \DSOrganize\Resources\exec_stub.bin file with DLDI.

I'm leaving for a week, so this is the last response I'll be able to give. Hope it helps.