PDA

View Full Version : M3 DS Simply on a Mac?

Quay Cur
June 4th, 2007, 06:06
So I'm liking what I've read about the M3 DS Simply. I have one main question:

Has anyone here used it on a Mac? Oh, and it's not an Intel Mac, so Windows is out of the question (no Virtual PC either).

DanTheManMS
June 4th, 2007, 06:36
The M3 Simply uses a microSD card that you can freely edit in nearly all operating systems. The only thing that might be a problem would be if you want to try to upgrade Moonshell to the latest version, as Moonshell uses a setup.exe installation program. However, the one bundled in the M3 Simply firmware will work fine.

On a related note though, you won't be able to convert your own videos to DPG format for viewing in Moonshell, as the only two converters are for Windows only. I think there is a Linux python script on GBAdev somewhere, but I don't know if it will work on Macs or not.

Quay Cur
June 5th, 2007, 22:08
Thanks for the response. I got the same answer from GBAtemp. Moonshell isn't a big deal, I really don't care about multimedia stuff on my DS. I very well may replace my G6 Lite now, it's been such a pain in the ass having to use my friend's PC to work on the damn thing.

Quay Cur
June 8th, 2007, 03:30
Ordered the R4/Japanese Kingston 1GB microSD from DealExtreme.

Malumvolo
June 8th, 2007, 07:12
By the way, when you download the latest R4 firmware from thier site, it comes with the latest version of moonshell I believe.

I could be mistaken, but thats what I used, I didnt use anything that came with my CD.