PDA

View Full Version : Best PSX to PSP Conversion software?

phattboy29
June 4th, 2007, 14:37
hey guys

i'm trying to figure out what everyone else is using to convert their old PSX games to ISO files... every program i've tried only converts my games to BIN files, not ISO files... i thought i tried them all... MagicISO, UltraISO, Power ISO, ISOBuster, Alcohol 120%, etc... i believe the only one i havent tried is Nero (i believe i have version 6.6.0.3)... but i am asking this because a few of my games dont start, or are really "buggish" after they start... is there a program that rips the cd into an "ISO", not a "BIN"... any suggestions would help... thanks

falco216
June 4th, 2007, 14:42
you want bin, you cant directly run iso that are originally for psx

you need popstation to convert your psx image into and eboot, you need hot shots golf 2 for this to work also

phattboy29
June 4th, 2007, 14:51
i'm using ZingaBurba's PSXGUI though, which doesnt require Hot Shots... most of my games work fine as BIN files, but specifically Mortal Kombat Trilogy and Triple Play 99 are the ones i'm looking to make ISOs, since they are the ones with the issues... but you dont know of any programs that will convert to ISO at all?

parkermauney
June 4th, 2007, 17:11
Yes, you can with MagicISO, but converting them won't help a bit, even make it worse. What's so bad about .bin? MagicISO can rip straight to bin, iso, nrg, and uif.

ultimatebioweapon
June 5th, 2007, 20:15
popstation + id editor best choice ;)

krazykarl
June 6th, 2007, 02:05
you can use any iso creator such as alcohol 120% then use ice tea (best iso to psx converter imo). I like ice tea because it's easy, no use of ms dos and you can add icons, backgrounds, background music, etc. It also supports .iso, .bin, and .img files.

parkermauney
June 6th, 2007, 02:58
Simple pops gui is less resource hungry, by like 3 megs. :p

nomi
June 6th, 2007, 13:52
just use ice tea