PDA

View Full Version : DC System Disk, DreamShell

nate9999
June 4th, 2007, 19:34
Hello. A friend of mine just gave me a bunch of his DC stuff to add to my collection. Among the things i recieved, there were two disks i was wondering about.

One of them is "DreamShell NG" which I know is an OS for DC. I was basically wondering if anything cool or special can be done with it or if it's basically just a toy to mess around with. It's the only DC OS i've tried since i can use it without a keyboard (don't own one).

The other disk is "Dreamcast System Disk 2" which I am unsure of completelly. Loads up to a screen that says "Complete" and thats it. What is the purpose of this disk. Also, what would system disk 1 be (don't own, just curious).

Oh yeah, my friend also had some "sega katana 10" disk that he didnt want to give away for free for some reason. Does that sound worth getting? Or just a waste of time?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Christuserloeser
June 4th, 2007, 21:18
DreamShell can be found here: http://www.dc-swat.net.ru/ds/

You should be able to find more info about the "Dreamcast System Disk 2" and the "Sega Katana 10" here:

http://segakatana.com/

Mark30001
June 5th, 2007, 00:50
The other disk is "Dreamcast System Disk 2" which I am unsure of completelly. Loads up to a screen that says "Complete" and thats it. What is the purpose of this disk. Also, what would system disk 1 be (don't own, just curious).

Oh yeah, my friend also had some "sega katana 10" disk that he didnt want to give away for free for some reason. Does that sound worth getting? Or just a waste of time?

Thanks in advance for any input.

The Dreamcast System Disc 2 is only needed if you have prototype Dreamcast GD-ROM discs that you would like to run on a retail Dreamcast unit. The System Disc "1" was not for the Dreamcast but for the Sega Saturn instead.

You'll only need the Katana SDK R10 if you're trying to work on a Dreamcast Development Box (Set 5.24). There are some pretty neat documents & applications, but they wouldn't be of much use without a development unit.