PDA

View Full Version : The noob has question.

snotrocket
June 4th, 2007, 22:16
:confused:Ok first, what is DLDI? I have MMD and want to know everything it can do and how I do it. Before i've been searching all over the internet to get stuff and learn more but this site looks the best since I've ben here a few times before to get info on certain parts but now I want a full output!
Since I am completely new please explain everything to me as if I were an 8 yr old ammish kid. Yes I'm asking for alot but if everyone who had something to say just type in a few things or even 1. Also what are ROMS and what are backup ROMs?
Before I read the thread with that dude who apparently said something stupid I thought ROMs were backups of games like Metroid and Mario(from the company not from fans) but if a ROM has a backup... Someone just showed me how to put SNES games on ds and since then I've seen alot of "DLDI patch"ing being written so help with that too but still help with SNES feature and how to work it. Ok I've asked all I can and would really appreciate it if people put aside the fact of what a big thing I'm asking for and elped me. Also I plan on putting a link to this page on my website so please stick to topic and if your mad at me for this thread please just PM me instead.:thumbup:

Thank you all that contribute:thumbup:! :thumbup:

TeenDev
June 4th, 2007, 22:28
ROMs are Read-only memories..., binaries... please don't talk about offical ROMs here.

DLDI is the Dynamiclly Linked Device Interface which allows FAT drivers to be patched on.

DanTheManMS
June 4th, 2007, 22:56
For a brief intro to DLDI, see http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DLDI

The best SNES emulator for the DS is SNEmulDS, which will run on your MMD once it's been DLDI patched. Follow the instructions on http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS for more info.

TeenDev
June 4th, 2007, 23:27
I wish you luck and hopefully all the documentaion and explination provided will get you quickly emersied in the scene!

snotrocket
June 6th, 2007, 01:14
Thanks guys alot but does anyone else have anyhting to say? Is there anything else that I'm not supposed to post about here?

Gold Line
June 6th, 2007, 01:38
you cant post anything about iso's, just read the rules its all there

bobtheninjaoffood
July 4th, 2007, 21:16
:confused:Ok first, what is DLDI? I have MMD and want to know everything it can do and how I do it. Before i've been searching all over the internet to get stuff and learn more but this site looks the best since I've ben here a few times before to get info on certain parts but now I want a full output!
Since I am completely new please explain everything to me as if I were an 8 yr old ammish kid. Yes I'm asking for alot but if everyone who had something to say just type in a few things or even 1. Also what are ROMS and what are backup ROMs?
Before I read the thread with that dude who apparently said something stupid I thought ROMs were backups of games like Metroid and Mario(from the company not from fans) but if a ROM has a backup... Someone just showed me how to put SNES games on ds and since then I've seen alot of "DLDI patch"ing being written so help with that too but still help with SNES feature and how to work it. Ok I've asked all I can and would really appreciate it if people put aside the fact of what a big thing I'm asking for and elped me. Also I plan on putting a link to this page on my website so please stick to topic and if your mad at me for this thread please just PM me instead.:thumbup:

Thank you all that contribute:thumbup:! :thumbup:
also dont dldi anything that says it does not have dldi becuz it will corrupt it

DanTheManMS
July 4th, 2007, 22:07
Only the very first DLDI patchers will attempt to patch everything you throw at it. Newer ones will not patch anything they detect as being non-DLDI capable.