PDA

View Full Version : Dc Emulator Noob

JRAUS1
June 5th, 2007, 00:56
I just recently download nullDC emulator and it took me about 2 hrs just to find bios that work for it. I have about 4 old dreamcast games and just want to know how to play them using the emu. I downloaded utopia boot disc v.1.2 and cdloader. I put them both in the plugin and they run. cd loader says to insert disc. but i still can't get the games to play. If anyone can help me that be cool.
I've been trying for days.

Mark30001
June 5th, 2007, 01:01
Are those 4 games originals? Unfortunately original Dreamcast GD-ROM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GD-ROM) game data will not read on a PC CD/DVD drive.

Christuserloeser
June 5th, 2007, 01:23
Yeah, you can't play original Dreamcast games in NullDC or Chanka, only backups are supported.

- I know that's not what you've asked for but anyway: I recommend to look for a cheap DC at ebay.

JRAUS1
June 5th, 2007, 01:37
so basically if i want to use the emulator i have to find dc iso files and download them . then burn them to a disc?

JKKDARK
June 5th, 2007, 01:48
so basically if i want to use the emulator i have to find dc iso files and download them . then burn them to a disc?

Well the best thing you can do is make an image of your GD, but it's not easy like a PlayStation 1/2 disc. Search on google for guides.

Christuserloeser
June 5th, 2007, 02:23
Of course there are many places on the web where you can find info on backups and how to create them, but please understand that DCEmu can't support you with that.