PDA

View Full Version : castlevania

Strangler
June 5th, 2007, 07:24
do u guys think theyll ever make a real good 2d castlevania game on the psp that isnt a port or a remake and wont be proted to anythign else like the ds games and gba games?

b8a
June 5th, 2007, 09:14
Nope. Have your seen the most recent issue of the magazine Play? They have an interview with Iga in there where he says something along the lines of "pixel art is made for low resolution screens, so it doesn't translate well to the PSP", and he pretty much flatly denies that there will be another 2D Castlevania on a Sony machine, but that if the Chi No Rondo remake does well enough, they'll probably release more side scrolling 3D games.

Pixel art is certainly harder at higher resolutions since you're responsible for drawing every single dot, but I think that Iga's lost his mind. Symphony of Night was simply gorgeous, and quite frankley, I think that the Chi No Rondo 3D remake looks like cr@p -- deffinitely no better than the original from over ten years ago. But then again, apparently the team that made it was so technically plebian that they couldn't even figure out how to make a 3D dress that would flow in the wind! Sounds like they're pretty clueless to me.

The remake will probably sell poorly, and they'll probably (mistakenly) take that as a sign that not enough people are interested in Castlevania on the PSP, and I'll bet that that's the last we hear of any PSP exclusives.

Strangler
June 5th, 2007, 09:59
doesnt the psp have low resolutions and horrible ghosting problems? I think it would fit quite well. The psp is like a ps1 with filtering.

Strangler
June 5th, 2007, 10:01
oh and reading the rest of ur post.by 2d i meant side scrolling not necessairly ifits 2.5d or whatever as long as its not mario 64 or castlevania 64 style 3d.

jamotto
June 5th, 2007, 10:07
It's possible, if the Dracula X Chronicles sells well.