PDA

View Full Version : Whats your likes and dislikes about the PSP

Lord_Rob
June 7th, 2005, 01:17
Heh, im really bored today
We all have something that we like and dislike about this machine. I personally dont like that it came out with a lot of people complaining about defects in their system...thats about the only thing that i didnt like, there's probably more i just cant think of stuff right now. I do like the fact that it is a mini computer because it can store text, photos, videos, music and play emulators!

Cap'n 1time
June 7th, 2005, 01:28
I really hate that white strap it came with.. does that count?

SchmuckofNI
June 7th, 2005, 04:38
And those lame cases that break easily yet no one has released any replacement cases. :/

tidusuk123
June 7th, 2005, 09:53
The L and R buttons may get stiff over time,

the glossy (PLEASE FINGERPRINT ME) finish,

the gaps between the buttons and D-Pad for dust to crawl in,

the sound coming from the bottom of the system...

I think i'm done for now.

tidusuk123
June 7th, 2005, 11:24
Hey it would also be great if manufacturers of handhelds would just place a protective screen cover on the screen when you first buy it - like mobile phones!! i don't care if they want to charge an extra £5, but at least it would be put on professionally without any dust, air bubbles, or fingerprints! that's another problem with the psp (and other handhelds).

Dan255
June 7th, 2005, 11:28
Hey it would also be great if manufacturers of handhelds would just place a protective screen cover on the screen when you first buy it - like mobile phones!! i don't care if they want to charge an extra £5, but at least it would be put on professionally without any dust, air bubbles, or fingerprints! that's another problem with the psp (and other handhelds).

good point. I agree! :D

Spark
June 7th, 2005, 12:22
I dislike that I can't play Homebrew on the bastard right now, but at the end of the day, I'm not gonna complain about it, as it was my fault for not checking things out before I bought the thing. :)

Cap'n 1time
June 7th, 2005, 13:51
Yah, I hate all of thoes... but do they really compare to that evil white leather strap?! I dont think so.

tidusuk123
June 7th, 2005, 20:05
They tried to make is tendy and so it matches those white earphones - but instead the messed it up. Has anyone tried black leather shoe polish?

Fly On
June 7th, 2005, 20:45
Value Pack accessories aside (I really don't think they should count), I think the PSP is a gorgeous portable system. Its sleek, has a beautiful screen, the games are suprisingly good, and doubles as an mp3 player, and up to a gig of removable memory. Sure, the PSP versions beyond 1.0 may not be able to run homebrew and have all the cool apps we'd like, but everything else is still pretty much sweet.
However, I am a hardcore fps fan, and if Sony had just put the joystick on the other side of the machine, it would have been awesome for games. I am digusted by the "lock on" shooters that will be released soon.

Vimes220
June 8th, 2005, 00:01
I love the Screen and graphics!!!!

I hate the fingerprints

Cap'n 1time
June 8th, 2005, 01:28
I really think they could have raised the analog stick a little.. its just not comfortable.

Lord_Rob
June 8th, 2005, 01:31
that would be cool but it would be less attractive with it raised

leggy
June 8th, 2005, 19:19
The white strap is crap!

The screen is fantastic - apart from it marking soooo easily.

SmashinGit
June 8th, 2005, 20:56
I agree with 1timeuser, buttons do need to be a touch higher as after a while your fingers start to get a bit stiff, thought it was my age! :P

shizzle
June 8th, 2005, 21:31
the grip is also uncomfatable, if you dont find your self interested in a game, your hands ache like hell.

Vimes220
June 8th, 2005, 22:26
I really hate the fact that i left it in my office at work (serves me right for playing and not working):(

leggy
June 9th, 2005, 07:58
I really hate the fact that i left it in my office at work (serves me right for playing and not working):(

Just buy another one - 1 for home - 1 for the office :D

Cap'n 1time
June 9th, 2005, 14:54
has anyone noticed they dont show bullets on the web browser? instead they show this weird japanese symbol... i hate that!

*now you know we are running out of things to dislike. :) *

Lord_Rob
June 9th, 2005, 19:54
my analog thing broke off!!!! can i replace it?

shizzle
June 9th, 2005, 22:29
stick it back on, it pops straight back. No1 pet hate with psp, 1.0 only.
When you come out of usb mode putting on homebrew and want to test it; you scroll down and just as you get to press the button to enter memory stick games, the psp realises there is a usb and puts the cursor on it, and tricks you into booting the game. And it takes a good 20 seconds before the home buton works...

consoul
June 10th, 2005, 02:09
Fo shizzle. That gets me every time. The parental lock method can prevent this (and UMD auto-booting on power up), but it's slightly annoying all the same.

SoQb0nc5r
June 10th, 2005, 15:02
grr i hate putting screenguards, they shud already be installed like one of u said, i have bougt 5 tilll now :/

peanut
June 10th, 2005, 16:28
Dislikes: the games are kind of rubbish at the mo. hoping for timesplittaz, tekken, tomb raider, and a port of ps1 metal gear.
Likes: that maybe one day we'll be able to use the camera attatchment as a webcam, and to run skype on psp. and of course the sexy 16 million colour screen.

For anyone who's bought a umd movie...whats the video quality like?