PDA

View Full Version : Why does this keep happening? (battery related)

NovaKane
June 6th, 2007, 08:22
Ever since I've been using custom firmware, it seems like this always happens to me...

My PSP will be fully charged and I'll play an ISO or UMD game. Everything is well until the green light starts blinking indicating the battery is about to die. The problem is that my battery is nowhere near dying, but the PSP shuts off anyway! When I plug the ac adapter in asap, it shows that the battery is not even at 50%.

When I'm using homebrew or any emulator, this never happens. Only when I play a UMD game/ISO. Is there anyway I can fix this? Has this happened to anyone else? It's really keeping from playing my PSP games like I want. Thanks.

Note: I've been using the same battery since 2005 if that has anything to do with it.

splodger15
June 6th, 2007, 09:52
ISO talk is allowed on the forum. But I think it may have something to do with the battery I am not to sure on this one.

steve520
June 6th, 2007, 16:03
It has happened to me before but i dont use that PSP anymore it could be the power switch im not entirely sure because when i used to play my game it did the same thing then shutoff by itself i wish i could help

pt9087
June 6th, 2007, 16:28
check the charger, make sure you have it directly into the wall and not on extention.

NovaKane
June 6th, 2007, 17:51
check the charger, make sure you have it directly into the wall and not on extention.

Would it really make a difference :confused:

parkermauney
June 6th, 2007, 18:00
Did you downgrade with a ta-082 motherboard?

NoQuarter
June 6th, 2007, 19:07
I saw a quick fix for this problem,it seems you psp is incorrectly detecting your batts charge.Try shorting the + - connections on the battery for just a second.
They are the outside connectors.

dangee
June 6th, 2007, 19:35
had this exct same problem a while back on non-custom Fw (2.6) with
3rd prty batt- PSP110 .
Tried the short circuit, but only worked for 1 charge cycle ,
so gave up & replaced it with a sony - no prob since.