PDA

View Full Version : Help with PS3 wireless internet connection

thatreevelad
June 6th, 2007, 19:14
Please can someone help me with trying to set up a wireless network to my PS3. i have gone through all the motions however when i check the connection it fails to find an IP address. when i key the IP address in manually it displays a message saying 'An error occured while resolving the name with the server.' any help would be greatly appreciated as the console may find the front lawn via my window quite soon!!!

DaKik
June 17th, 2007, 19:19
Are you sure the ssid is entered correctly? are there any wep key or something like? you should try wired to see if it works.

SilverSony
September 3rd, 2007, 13:41
hi thatreevelad

Just as Dakik stated, first try out the wired method, with the actual ethernet cable that came with your system, and once you know that you can connect with wired, then you can retry the wireless steps, and get online wirelessly, it is really easy to do, i cannot understand why you are having difficulty.

Let us know if you can sort it wired??? and then we can go through other steps :-)

I had no problem at all setting my ps3 up wirelessly, it should be a breeze lol

preetyforu
January 6th, 2008, 14:04
The modem is being used for a pc via a ethernet cable. I want to connect ps3 to the modem wirelessly. The ps3 detects the modem just fine but when I try to set it up it fails to find an IP address.

I've reset the modem to factory settings but I'm still having the same problem. Resetting the modem has always worked in the past on other peoples ps3's I have set up but it dose not work with this specific BT modem.

I found the IP address by going into the home hub settings so I entered it in manually on the ps3 but I had to enter some more settings to. Eventually my ps3 detects a ip address but then says internet failed due to a dns error.

I have found my dns number by doing start>run>command>ipconfig/all but I'm still having the same problem.

sean667
January 6th, 2008, 19:31
please cou;d someone help,my heads about to explode:mad:.
i have all my deatils for connecting my ps3 to the internet wirelessly(BTVOYAGER2500V-46,my network) but every time i fill in all the details and go to test the connection,the ip adress is confirmed but it says"an erreor occured,this a DNS error", but i typed in my correct dns`s.
any help?
please reply:thumbup:

yuky
September 12th, 2009, 12:22
:)Hey I just wanted to say thanks to this site for finally being honest about which Internet TV sites are good. I can't imagine what Sam and everyone at The Internet TV Reviews http://www.internettvsitereviews.com/ went through to come up with these three golden companies but I'm truly thankful he did. :thumbup:

dushuai
September 12th, 2009, 13:14
first,check the authority is right for the connection,if set to wep share,you must set the right manually
second,check the IP setting is right?the IP is in a class C network and the AP?the gateway is right?
Third,check the dns.