PDA

View Full Version : Open Editions - questions

looop
June 7th, 2007, 23:29
I've been thinking of bying a 4GB memory stick, so that I can load it with much music and such, but also to play emulators and PS1-games. But to do that i need an "Open Edition-firmware", right?

My PSP is running on 3.11 at the moment (I was dumb enough to upgrade, yes), is it possible to upgrade to 3.40 OE from 3.11-firmware?

And if it is, will I then be able to play both emulators (SNES for example) and PS1-games while running 3.40 OE? And please refer to a "how to make PS1-games running on your PSP-guide".

Thanks, but sorry for the dumb noobish awful questions and sorry if it has been asked before.

dylandangles
June 8th, 2007, 01:26
Currently, the highest firmware you can downgrade is 3.03. Skrry :(

looop
June 8th, 2007, 09:14
Currently, the highest firmware you can downgrade is 3.03. Sorry :(
Yes, thanks, but I know that already. I was just wondering if it is possible to upgrade to 3.40OE, from 3.11? :)

dylandangles
June 8th, 2007, 09:20
In order for you to upgrade to an OE firmware you need to be at 1.5.

looop
June 8th, 2007, 09:39
In order for you to upgrade to an OE firmware you need to be at 1.5.
Okay, thanks. Then I'll wait for a downgrader, if there will be any.

http://www.bottomatic.nl/

parkermauney
June 8th, 2007, 23:13
What the hell kind of count down is that?

dylandangles
June 8th, 2007, 23:14
What the hell kind of count down is that?
A fake one ;)

looop
June 9th, 2007, 09:59
A fake one ;)
Though a cool one. I've been waiting for a downgrader in months now, but nothing has been released, I wonder when (hope it doesn't take too long). :(

Sonicboy 101
June 9th, 2007, 14:52
Okay, thanks. Then I'll wait for a downgrader, if there will be any.

http://www.bottomatic.nl/

A fake one ;)

A very fake one :D

acn010
June 9th, 2007, 15:00
ha ha ha... fake!!!! anyways, yeah, your not the only one with that prroblem

splodger15
June 9th, 2007, 17:04
The downgrader could come next month or in december no one knows when it will come although I think it may be around in october time.

dylandangles
June 9th, 2007, 19:37
You can't really give it a timeline. It just depends when the next exploit is found. Remember the 2.0-3.03 new GTA exploit? It seemed liked it was discovered out of nowhere and a downgrader shortly followed about a week later.

That countdown is just a fake timer used to get traffic. Don't trust any news about a downgrader unless it comes from a trustworthy site.

looop
June 10th, 2007, 23:57
Is it even worth bying a memorystick then? I mean, what can I do with it besides load music and videos when ther's no downgrader or something?

And if I would buy a new memorystick, does it matter if I use a thirdpartycard or Sonys own? I remember back when PlayStation was on the market, we bought a new memorycard that was made by thirdparty and the results of that was that it, without us even touching it, deleted our saved files and in-game it turned on paus without us even being near the controller. I mean, is this happening with PSP too? :/

djbrotherson
June 11th, 2007, 00:13
it is man, check it

I don't think there is much to do without homebrew except browse and look at pictures

Use sony's mem stick cuz Lexar sucks

When I was upgrading 3.40 OE-A you have to use a memstick to dump a DXAR or something... I did that and then it gave me an error plus some other things like using iRShell with it also causes problems (when you exit a program it goes back to the xmb finstead of to iRShell) so buy a Sony one

looop
June 11th, 2007, 09:05
djbrotherson:

Right, I'll buy a card made by Sony, thank you.

Classic80s
June 12th, 2007, 02:28
I pity you.