PDA

View Full Version : I've heard there's issues with emulation on Linux/PS3

Ouroborous
June 8th, 2007, 19:21
How bad is it? Will I be able to play N64 and other older console games on the PS3 via Linux emulators? What exactly is the problem, and is it difficult to fix?

Triv1um
June 8th, 2007, 19:57
No way of running N64 emulation on PS3 linux.

It is pushed to play snes propperly with sound, they take away all the things that make the PS3 so good, they restrict you when you are running otherOS. So you get like 1/100 of what the PS3 is, hence not been able to use the graphics card.

Im sure eventually this will be a hacked sooner or later to assure that things like N64 + psx+ ps2(?) could be emulated.

So, emulaton is pretty bad for the PS3 at the moment.

S34MU5
June 13th, 2007, 23:23
No way of running N64 emulation on PS3 linux.

It is pushed to play snes propperly with sound, they take away all the things that make the PS3 so good, they restrict you when you are running otherOS. So you get like 1/100 of what the PS3 is, hence not been able to use the graphics card.

Im sure eventually this will be a hacked sooner or later to assure that things like N64 + psx+ ps2(?) could be emulated.

So, emulaton is pretty bad for the PS3 at the moment.

It is the PS3 we are talking about here. Dunno if you have heard about "backward compatability" ?

Tree
June 14th, 2007, 12:04
yeah but on the europe console only some games can b played ... dey update it every now nd den so u can play more

Lycan_Ste
August 29th, 2007, 23:55
It is the PS3 we are talking about here. Dunno if you have heard about "backward compatability" ?

I think you need a can of STFU! He obviously meant that you could get downloadable psx and ps2 games not putting in old ps2 and psx games you n00b.:D