PDA

View Full Version : Noob Alert! Please help.

Squeeble02
June 8th, 2007, 20:37
I recently purchased a PSP, which came with firmware version 3.02. :( I just want to run a PSX game on my PSP, but I can't seem to find a copy of GTA:LCS anywhere for the downgrade. Can anyone help me? (Simpler would be better. Again, noob.)
Thanks

Triv1um
June 8th, 2007, 20:48
Without a copy of GTA-lcs (unpatched) you cant do anything.

Sorry, just look on ebay.

Shrygue
June 8th, 2007, 20:49
You cannot discuss ISOs here as it is against the rules. As for finding Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, maybe try looking in rental stores for a copy?

Squeeble02
June 8th, 2007, 20:58
Thanks anyway, and sorry about the rule breaking.

dylandangles
June 8th, 2007, 20:59
Yeah like he said ^^^^. Rent one from Block Buster or another rental place. They almost always have the original un-patched ones. I've rented several un-patched GTA's to downgrade friend's Psp's.

mikebeaver
June 9th, 2007, 01:01
or drop me a PM I have a spare I can sell.

Squeeble02
June 11th, 2007, 05:11
An update for anyone who cares. I was in Gamestop today and they finally had a copy. I bought it and got it home. I put it in and upgrader version 2.60. Crap. Still looking.

Classic80s
June 12th, 2007, 01:36
ebay.com save yourself the time.

Squeeble02
June 12th, 2007, 02:57
Okay. Thank you for all of your suggestions. There isn't a blockbuster in my area, but I found one in a nearby town. After enough paperwork to rent a car, I paid my eight dollars and left. I now have the appropriate version of the game.

dylandangles
June 12th, 2007, 04:35
Awesome! :thumbup:
I hope everything goes well in the downgrading process. Good luck :)

Squeeble02
June 12th, 2007, 05:10
Thanks for the well-wishing. So far everythings working. I'm successfully downgraded and working on the 3.40 OE update. While I'm here, any suggestions on a specific homebrew to allow me to play PSX games?

dylandangles
June 12th, 2007, 05:24
You don't need any homebrew to play PSX games. You can launch them just like homebrew as long as they are in eboot form. If the are any Ps1 games you have downloaded that are still in ISO form you ned to convert them to eboot form using popstation. There are tons of popstation GUI's around so it won't be hard to find one.