PDA

View Full Version : M3 Lite, cannot figure out what to do

Taigrr
June 9th, 2007, 02:33
I just got my M3 Lite, and a 2gb Sandisk Micro SD.
What now? My M3 Simply works fine, but the M3 Lite seems to work almost completely differently.

Could someone give me a heads up?

What should the root filesystem look like? Apearently there isn't really an nes emulator built-in as advertised, so could someone help me and clarify using NESDS Wip1?

Thanks. The more I research, the more confused I get...

DanTheManMS
June 9th, 2007, 04:53
I think with the slot-2 M3 products, you must run the NES/GB/SMS/etc games through the M3's game manager program, which will attach it to the emulator core. Note that this will be a version of PocketNES for the GBA however.

For instructions on using NES DS, try either of the two methods mentioned on http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/NES_DS

Taigrr
June 10th, 2007, 00:40
Well, the M3 Lite is quite possibly the worst product i've ever put into my DS.

It comes with -very- little documentation, and what is there isn't accurate at all. It does -not- run NES or GBA roms, even when using the M3 Game manager.

I'm annoyed I spent a hundred and ten bucks on it and the 2gig SD card. Won't ever touch it again. I love my M3 Simply, but after this, i'm trading it for an R4. Just because i'm -that- annoyed at the M3 Lite.

It's a worthless piece of plastic, and I urdge everyone looking into it to buy something else in a slot-2.

DanTheManMS
June 17th, 2007, 22:09
It should play GBA games out of the box without patching. Perhaps you have a defective M3.

I'm really not familiar with the slot-2 M3 products so I apologize that I cannot help you more.