PDA

View Full Version : DS Picodrive & GBA Emu

evertondave
June 10th, 2007, 16:01
hi

New to the forum and new to NDS Emulation & NDS for that matter, and have to say its fuggin awesome.

now I know youve probably heard this a lot anyway, but just wanted to ask about some things

Is there a GBA emulator that will work for M3 Simply?

And also, how do I get the Picodrive to work for it as well? Ive tried reformatting my card, added that DSDL thingy, but to no avail, I saw all the "rename xxxx" and whatever and didnt get it

Can someone please explain in plain english how to get this working?

Cheers

Dave

voteforpedro36
June 10th, 2007, 16:43
First of all, no, there is no GBA emulator. You'll need a Slot-2 card for that.

Secondly, make sure you DLDI patch it with the R4 DLDI patch (it works for the M3 Simply too), find a download to DLDIrc if you're on Windows, it's the easiest to use.

evertondave
June 10th, 2007, 18:40
First of all, no, there is no GBA emulator. You'll need a Slot-2 card for that.

Secondly, make sure you DLDI patch it with the R4 DLDI patch (it works for the M3 Simply too), find a download to DLDIrc if you're on Windows, it's the easiest to use.

Sound, thanks

Ive downloaded r4 dldi patch, now how do I put it in picodrive, ive used the right click and add patch thing, put it back on my DS and its showing

Appended ROM Check...ROM not found

:mad:

voteforpedro36
June 12th, 2007, 14:23
Alright, when you right click it and DLDI patch it what does it say? I just wanna know how far your gettin through this...

evertondave
June 13th, 2007, 08:50
Alright, when you right click it and DLDI patch it what does it say? I just wanna know how far your gettin through this...

When I right click another box appears for a split second then goes off

Im guessing it shouldnt do that, I did have one time where it said it will patch and press any key to continue, did that and still no joy.

:(

voteforpedro36
June 13th, 2007, 19:19
Try launching it through Moonshell.

evertondave
June 18th, 2007, 19:51
Try launching it through Moonshell.

Tried that just now, still no luck

Im on an Old DS if that makes any difference, not the DS Lite

DanTheManMS
June 18th, 2007, 22:15
DLDIrc appears to be the issue here. Are you sure you're using the latest version of PicoDriveDS? Only v0.1.7 has DLDI support. When you right-click it and select the DLDI patching option, it should show you something that looks like this:
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8538/screenyid9.png

Obviously you'd be patching PicoDriveDS.nds, not nesDS.nds, and the DLDI patch being applied would be for the R4, not the Supercard SD, but it should look vaguely like that.

Once you get PicoDriveDS running, it should show you a listing of your R4's directory structure, from which point you can choose which game to play (must be less than 3 MB in size).

evertondave
June 20th, 2007, 14:14
Right

Ive done that, used 0.1.7 version and still getting the appended ROM Check, no way to load Roms

Do I need to rename the rom file?

DanTheManMS
June 20th, 2007, 22:34
That's strange. It should only check for appended roms once the DLDI check fails. Are you absolutely sure it's being patched for the R4? Otherwise I have no idea what the issue is.

evertondave
June 21st, 2007, 12:24
That's strange. It should only check for appended roms once the DLDI check fails. Are you absolutely sure it's being patched for the R4? Otherwise I have no idea what the issue is.

I hadnt patched to te R4, something I wasnt aware of

Ive got it working along with MasterDSPLus

Many Thanks for your help. I know what to do from now on!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You lot are ACE!