PDA

View Full Version : I just bought...

Desuka
June 11th, 2007, 03:10
One of these!! :D :D :D

http://image1.play-asia.com/350/PA.70066.002.jpg

I am the happiest man on Earth. It was sitting on a shelf at a local gamestore that I check regularly. It was in its box, which was slightly beat up, but everything inside was in perfect condition. Looks like it might've only been played a couple times. For $100, I got: The Sakura Wars edition Pink Dreamcast, Controller, VMU, Rumble Pack, Keyboard, and Sakura Wars 1-3 (And #2 is UNOPENED, which I intend to keep that way)

Just thought I'd brag, because I am so stoked right now...

JKKDARK
June 11th, 2007, 03:21
Well first of all congratulations! Don't forget you cannot run homebrew on this Dreamcast version ;)

Desuka
June 11th, 2007, 04:22
Well first of all congratulations! Don't forget you cannot run homebrew on this Dreamcast version ;)

Bleh, that throws a wrench into my plans <_< Any way to mod it? Through a quick google search, I'm seeing some mod chip options like "dreamchip"... I don't know why someone with a normal DC would need one, but if it would enable homebrew on a collector's edition DC then I'd totally get it...

JKKDARK
June 11th, 2007, 04:53
On this edition, Sega removed the MIL-CD compatibility.

Personally I would prefer to buy a cheap normal Dreamcast console and then use the homebrew ;)

Christuserloeser
June 11th, 2007, 16:56
While it may be true what JKK was saying, you should give it a try first, just to be sure. Download an image from www.dcevolution.net and burn it with Alcohol120% and let us know if it worked.

Anyway, if it works or not: congrats on your purchase :)