PDA

View Full Version : NeoPop DC Released

wraggster
June 8th, 2005, 17:37
GPF (Troy Davis) who recently joined us as a hosted site has released his Neo Geo Pocket Emulator for the Dreamcast, heres what he posted in this Forum Topic ( http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=31963#post31963 )

"This is a port of NeoPop-SDL-0.2

This is a very beta build right now.
Still a little slow and DAC sound doesnt work. But sound and sfx work.
State and Flash files are saved to a vmu in first slot, they are rather large (98 blocks for a state save, 7 blocks for a flash save),
flash is only saved if you load a new rom right now.

Press both triggers and start to return to the menu and keep pressing start to return to previous menu or back to gameplay.

Emulator support nested directories for roms.

Enjoy, download the source and improve it please

Thanks,
Troy Davis (GPF)
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/ "

Download from Troys site linked above.

obelisk
June 8th, 2005, 19:17
right on, GPF. I'll give it a shot as soon as i get a chance and my pc fixed up.

Pavlik
June 8th, 2005, 20:16
Sorry to tell that but this emu is worst (even with sound off and frame skipping at 5) than old relase by GrankSoft.

obelisk
June 8th, 2005, 20:25
at least he's trying. it reads up there "very beta build". its for testing bug-finding, etc.

Pavlik
June 8th, 2005, 20:36
at least he's trying. it reads up there "very beta build". its for testing bug-finding, etc.
Ya I know :)

Cap'n 1time
June 8th, 2005, 21:52
Sorry to tell that but this emu is worst (even with sound off and frame skipping at 5) than old relase by GrankSoft.

while that may be true, it fixed plenty of graphical glitches... and my old beta test build of this is much better than the ganksoft emulator.

ron
June 8th, 2005, 23:07
GPF keep on , nice work and Thx.

SiZiOUS
June 9th, 2005, 01:27
Nice work, GPF. :)

fackue
June 10th, 2005, 22:23
An SBI has been uploaded to Sbiffy.

obelisk
June 13th, 2005, 21:44
bump for good job, GPF. bump for Dreamcast.