PDA

View Full Version : I don't know where to post this but I need help

CeeGEE -I
June 11th, 2007, 15:39
Hey guys,
Like I said I don't know where to post my question, but I was wondering if anyone here knows of a site that has a program where you can compress video files. I want to be able to post it on photobuckets site.

pt9087
June 11th, 2007, 16:23
Lol, Help forum!

3GP Converter then Zip it! simple! :thumbup:

parkermauney
June 11th, 2007, 17:55
http://media-convert.com

Twisted.inc
July 2nd, 2007, 05:23
An alternative to .zip-ing the file is .rar-ing it...

cloud_952
July 2nd, 2007, 05:37
OR! *.cab, *.lzh, *.lha it! The benefit of these? Pretty much none. o_o Just throwing it out because I can. What kind of videos are you looking to upload? For most purposes, YouTube would probably just be a better choice. Most people are too lazy to download a video and then watch it, especially if it'll be similar quality.

bah
July 2nd, 2007, 08:15
Yeah, you're better off with youtube.

Zip/rar/gzip/whatever isn't going to compress any video format other than raw video very much at all.It will do next to nothing to a mpeg4 video file.

If you want it smaller and to upload the actual file for download you would need to re-encode the file at a lower bitrate which will reduce quality with something like virtualdub.

If you upload the video to google video rather than youtube then people can download the file directly by choosing the option on the right and selecting the mp4 (video ipod/psp) option.

If they want to save an avi from google video they need to download the 'windows/mac' option, which is just a text file with a .gvp extension that google video player opens and streams.
Open it with wordpad, find the line starting with
url:
, copy the rest of the line after the : and paste it into your browsers address box. A download box will pop up with an avi version of the video.