PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt 2 Wii is a murder training device

Triv1um
June 11th, 2007, 16:44
Via Gamer.Blorge (http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/06/10/manhunt-2-wii-is-a-murder-training-device/)

Jack Thompson, that lawyer we love to hate just won’t quit, it’s hard to imagine how his family does not now loathe his very existence. He is on a crusade to put an end to gaming, especially violent gaming. On his list now is Manhunt 2 for the Wii. It doesn’t end there.

According to QJ.net, he is also gunning for Super Smash Brothers 2 since it "encourages kids to beat and throw their friends out of the stage" oh yeah, that’s so violent… it’s so violent I can’t bear to watch people play it, turn it off, turn it off NOW! (of course, that’s sarcasm of the highest degree). Just think what will happen if your kid decides to do more than stab your TV with the Wiimote. They might think a white knife is the Wiimote and go off on a rampage, oh the horror!

But, Manhunt 2 on the Wii is slightly different, instead of pushing buttons on a controller like you would with the XBOX 360 or PS3, you are required to mimic stabbing motions with the Wiimote making the act of in-game killing, all the more real.

Dear old Jack isn’t satisfied with the M rating of the game and thinks it should be banned all together. Australia has seen some success in completely banning some of the Grand Theft Auto games but here in the US we like shooting, killing and destroying stuff in games, it’s what we like to play.

I’m not a fan of the Manhunt series nor I have I played it, I’ve seen demos but I won’t touch the game. It’s simply not my style because there is no point to what you do in the game, unlike in the WWII games or Halo series in which there is a point to your mass destruction.

Here’s hoping Jack Thompson gets exactly what he deserves, permanent disbarment in every single US state and Territory. The minute he manages to win a case is the day gaming as we know it dies. He cannot ever be successful. Let’s all make it our mission to make sure he isn’t. With practically the whole gaming industry against him and the Florida bar… and the Alabama bar, how could we possibly lose?

mcdougall57
June 11th, 2007, 17:34
oh i remember in britain a guy i think he was 16 or somat.anyway.... he stabbed his best mate, and the newspapers, his mother and the news blamed it on the original manhunt game saying it influenced him to kill
sure it was violent but thats just plain stupidity for gods sake i think ill go on a murderous rampage with a plastic bag when i get this game too

hadrian
June 11th, 2007, 17:40
I remember that it was the guy who got stabbed was the one who played it while the one prosecuted didnt even have a console to play it on.

Anyway where in QJ.net does it actually mention Thomson targetting SSB? As all I can find is a joke about it not an actual quote or any information from Thomson.

Elven6
June 11th, 2007, 18:23
This proves Thompson is out for Rockstar, BECAUSE Splinter Cell Double Agent (By Ubisoft) for the Wii used hand motions and stuff when it came to stabbing, slitting throats, etc.

R4mbo
June 11th, 2007, 19:03
Lets make a "Jack Thompson" Mod for Manhunt 2 in which we can train killing Jack Thompson ;)

OMG, hope he doesnt read it or I will get busted... but just for the case he does:

Jack Pussy Thompson (From now on just called JPT) you are **** omg it's too violent I cant write it.

The Part with Super Smash Bros 2... ... erm... lol? I would be very happy to see pictures of a failed, drunk JPT, lying in a street with a bottle of wine in the hand in some years, saying that violent games made him to what he is.

Hawq
June 11th, 2007, 20:00
It was inevitable that jack would go after this one on any system, the motion base controls for the Wii version just gave him an extra shade of red to run. End result of all this? well maybe parents wont but the game for little Johnny who is too young for it anyway and the majority of people will ignore jacks ranting and either buy it if they planned to or wont if they arent interested, there will be no difference to most people other than to maybe laugh at the comments of someone who has never even tried to play the things he is campaigning against and as such will never have any credibility (actually he threw that chance away a long time ago really didnt he)

Basil Zero
June 13th, 2007, 01:45
I agree, this proves that Thompson no longer goes after Rockstar but after the companies who makes game systems now.

I've just had it with this guy, can we stop please mentioning him already.

SSaxdude
June 13th, 2007, 02:22
Jack Thompson has lost much of his voice. I rarely hear about him anymore, but I'm sure Manhunt 2 will be his cue to enter into the gaming world... and piss us off even more.

mastersho
June 13th, 2007, 02:25
That going too far. He's going after SSMB which has you blood in it at all!!! He gonna get spamed so bad....