PDA

View Full Version : Noob...and Hello!

Wad
June 12th, 2007, 12:26
Awrite guys, my Names Liam and come from Bonnie Scotland!

Just got my PSP on friday ad was planning on hacking it.

until i noticed I had blonde hair and updated it to v3.50.
Been doing alot of research recently on the net about the 3.50 and no down graders.

Just had a few questions.

1. Anybody know if when or ever we will have a Down grader for 3.50.

2.Can i run emulators homebrew on 3.50?

3.If no to all the above, should I sell my PSP? lol

cheers
Liam

bah
June 12th, 2007, 13:23
Hi,

1) There's no real way to tell, its not something you can give a set time period on. Someone has to find an exploitable flaw that may or may not exist and then develop a way to use it to allow a downgrader to work.

Could be tomorrow, next week/month/year or longer. All are equally likely.

2) No, only a few really crappy flash games through the web browser.

3) It depends how much you value homebrew. Personally I would take it back and try to get another (say it shuts off randomly for no reason or something) if its quite new.

XioN980
June 12th, 2007, 13:31
or just brick it and make a return, they cant tell

because your new id better tell you: Brick is a corruption of firmware/bios, this does not mean hit it with a brick and expect a return ;)

splodger15
June 12th, 2007, 13:43
I would go with number 3.

Sell it and get one of these one's

http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_PSP_Standard_Pack_Downgradeable_European_ version.html

Wad
June 12th, 2007, 14:08
cheers for the quick responses.

I think i might just keep on that version. Getting a PS3 next week, so it has the PS3 connectivity option.

If i was to brick, how would I go about doing that?...If its brick, can you not just restore it to the previous version that I upgraded from?...if you get what I mean

Wad
June 12th, 2007, 14:09
because your new id better tell you: Brick is a corruption of firmware/bios, this does not mean hit it with a brick and expect a return ;)

lol i was thinking about trying it....

splodger15
June 12th, 2007, 15:49
If you brick you cannot restore it unless you have a custom firmware and you need to be at 1.50 to have it

sj1220
June 14th, 2007, 08:58
if you want free psp's ipods and stuff got to this site http://www.ezyrewards.com/?id=159046 all you have to do is complete FREE offers i already got a free domain and a card which i can use online which has $25 on it

parkermauney
June 14th, 2007, 17:19
How would he brick it?

Mr-S
June 15th, 2007, 11:04
Erm i quite a noob :( my mate upgrade my new psp to 3.5 :o but im gonna be patient. but cant you jus do a system update then switch it off, i dunno how ur gonna do it as 3.5 is latest, jus need a way of cutting the power when flash is being wrote on, i dont know just guessin m8, cuz i bought my psp 2 weeks, ago got upgraded :O and now learning about them. i support homebrew all the way

splodger15
June 15th, 2007, 15:30
^ ^
Nope since you have upgraded to 3.50 no emulators or homebrew will run. I would either sell it and get a lower version or get the modchip that has to be installed by you.