PDA

View Full Version : AmplituDS v3 FCSR Build Released

wraggster
June 12th, 2007, 16:25
News/release from Sander:

Just a quick update for people who own slot-2 devices which don't have a DLDI patch for it: I created an FCSRed build of AmplituDS v3. If AmplituDS works with the normal released build for you, there's no need to bother with this FCSR build.

What does this mean? It means that all the files which should go on your flashcard are put inside the .nds and .ds.gba files of this release. This in turn means there's no need to DLDI patch anymore with this build and it should work on GBA-slot flashcards.

Do know that it saves to (GBA) SRAM instead of to a file. I quickly tested it, and it seems to work properly, so there you go. Have fun with it.

AmplituDS is a DDR type game for the DS.

Download Here (http://amplituds.drunkencoders.com/?s=projects&proj=AmplituDS)

ubersk8kid
February 3rd, 2008, 03:46
Im confused. What is the point of the game and what am I supposed to be doing...

DanTheManMS
February 3rd, 2008, 04:10
It's a rhythm game, similar to Guitar Hero. Watch a couple of videos on it and read the documentation to see what it's all about. Keep in mind you may need to restart the song several times before it will sync correctly with the beats.

Note that you probably don't want the FCSR version unless you have a slot-2 device with GBA compatibility.

RidgeTiger
February 3rd, 2008, 04:20
AmplituDS is a DDR type game for the DS.

Sorry, but no.

AmplituDS involves a song, tracks, and well a shooter. Each track has it's own instrument, as you shoot everything on the track, the song will begin playing as you clear more tracks.

Ultimate warrior
February 3rd, 2008, 04:43
Off topic since I can't post new threads

SNES MUL. Has that project died? It has been several months and we haven't seen an update at all. I seriously need the following games to work good!

Final Fantasy 4-6 (WAY TOO MANY GRAPHICS GLITCHES AMONG OTHER PROBS LIKE NO SFX IN FF4 OR VERY BAD CRACKLING FOR MUSIC IN FF6)

LOZ LTTP ( caves that are dark aren't dark like they are supposed to be, making LOZ PW easier)

Illusion Of Gaia ( Can't even get past the title screen)

Legend Of the Mystical Ninja ( In cutscenes, sound moves a lot faster then the scenes themselves, dialogue doesn't appear)

Super Mario World (Music isn't properly in sync when you die; other annoying graphics problems, especially in boss battles)

Sparkster ( Haven't really played this to much but sparkster's sprite is seriously messed up)

Also, for some strange reason super demo world the legend continues (a SMW hack) and FF4 US version freeze to a white screen as I boot up. I REALLY hope we hear SOMETHING...ANYTHING on if the dev is working on version 0.7 or not. Is emulating on the DS the games I said above excellently impossible? I really hope not, the only reason I got R4 was for SNES mainly. If the project is dead I wish the Dev would at least have the decency to put it up on his website. Or is there a better emulator for SNES?

EDIT: Is it even possible for DS to match SNES's power? Are we doomed to have horrible problems with the popular games I've mentioned forever?

Also My FF4 file had a .SWC instead of the ususual .SMC. That means it's the european version or something? Is it still the original (and will play just like) hardtype version in Japan for SFC?

DanTheManMS
February 3rd, 2008, 05:46
You can't post in the "news" forum for a reason. Check the "discussion" sections and you'll find you can create new topics there.

As for your questions...
Turn off all speedhacks to get past the Illusion of Gaia title screen. However, I recommend running this in v0.4 Beta since it runs best in that. Use Interrupt Speedhacks while walking and Cycles speedhacks on the world map, using Wait Vblank the whole time.
For SMW bosses, change the Vblank setting once then change it back. In v0.6 Alpha, this is the "normal speed" vs "fast speed" option.

SNES emulation isn't easy, and the current emulators use hardware renderers to get the games running at full speed at the cost of graphical accuracy. You're basically running the whole game (minus sound) on a 66 MHz processor, so yeah it's difficult to emulate it at full speed unless you take some shortcuts.

You're free to make your own emulator, ya know.