PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new

dudeface
June 12th, 2007, 16:49
Hi there. I found out that you could emulate old games on the NDS so I have bought myself a DS-X cartridge to help me do it. I thought it would be a doddle. After a lot of messing around I finally got my snemulDS and Picodrive emulators working. However I am not very knowledgable at computer stuff so I have ran into some bother with the atari st emulator.

I tried downloading the file and I got the styxds-dldi-v01a but I see people talk about this .tos.bin file and I haven't a clue what it's all about. Plus this patching dldi to it is beyond me. Everything I read about it seems to baffle me further. Could anyone please help?

I have set up a file called 'Roms' then another called 'ST' in that with my rom file in it. I load up styxds and on the bottom screen I get the keyboard but on the top screen the picture is just a mess of colours. Where am I going wrong?

Thankyou for any help you could give me:)

voteforpedro36
June 12th, 2007, 17:22
I think you have to DLDI patch it (just a guess :p). I'll try to explain this the easiest I can.
Download "DLDIrc" from here (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/dldi). You'll find it at the bottom. Now when you install it, select DS-X for your patch. Now when that's all finished, all you have to do is right click the styxds-dldi-v01a.nds file and select "DLDI patch with DS-x" or something to that effect. Then follow the command prompt.

Hope that all helps.

dudeface
June 12th, 2007, 18:27
:( It appears that ds-x is not on the list. That's unfortunate. It appears on the website but not in the installation of patches part.

Thanks anyway. Looks like I'll never get Treasure Island Dizzy on the go :( :( :(

I upgraded the styxds to version 2 and the top screen became a picture of this hill with 2 characters on the left and a couple of butterflies. It says NEOFLASH. The computer again is on the bottom screen. If i press the directional pad the screen turns a turquoise clour and won't do anything. How do I get to the roms?