PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Popstation is eating my brain!

cataphrax
June 12th, 2007, 17:27
Ok, I really need your help. Rather than bore you with useless exposition I'll just explain my problem. I'm trying to get popstation to work on my 3.40 oe-a psp and I am running into a wall. I've tried a rip of metal slug x, and two different rips of ff7. I converted them with psx2psp with the hot shots golf 2 files. Every time I try and start the game the xmb dissappears, and all i'm left with is the wave tauntingly moving back and forth, up and down. The only thing that works is the volume bar. I have to reset it by taking the battery out as the power switch does not work no matter how long you hold it. I've tried this on two psp's both with 3.40 oe-a they both do the same thing when a psx game is started. I put the keys.bin in the folder, I named the folders correctly and everything and yes I've tried changing the kernels from 1.50 to 3.40 and it still does the same thing. Please help me, is there a file I could be missing in the flash0? (i had some trouble with custom xmbs and had to replace and delete alot of them but it still all works except the camera plugin which i deleted). I think my head is gonna explode!

Scet
June 12th, 2007, 17:30
its cuz of the custom xmb u must have. i had a xmb one time and none of my psx games would load. so i just delted everything in flash0 and replaced it with the original. then it worked fine

cataphrax
June 12th, 2007, 17:54
Ok, I figured it must be my flash0 folder, but sadly my backup is screwed up and will not work as I accidentally unzipped a custom xmb to that folder once. My psp still works, I just need the opening file. Is there a way for me to restore my flash0 folder? Like downgrading to 1.5 then back to 3.4 0e-a?

Triv1um
June 12th, 2007, 17:57
Yeah, re-flashing from 3.40oe to 1.50 then back will solve your problem.

Make a backup next time :)

cataphrax
June 12th, 2007, 17:59
You sure i dont need a complete flash0 folder to downgrade? And I dont need any special utilities? Just stick in in psp game? And also my psp firmware line is 2.82-3.02-1.5-3.40oe-a, will that make a difference? I just dont want to brick my lovely psp!

Triv1um
June 12th, 2007, 18:05
No you dont, thats why when people have Semi-bricks they re-flash to 1.50 to fix the problem.

Read this, this is the way i use.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49967

cataphrax
June 12th, 2007, 18:26
All done, flashed back and forth, time to try it out