PDA

View Full Version : PSP Doom 0.06 (and PSP heretic 0.7)

kgsws˜™
June 12th, 2007, 18:30
I made update of this two ports, some bugs are away ( some new :P )

But best thing (i think) is Multiplayer AdHoc for 2 players (working), and for 4 players test code, i have only 2 PSP's so i can't try it, i hope it works.

Multiplayer is based on some AdHoc functions from PSP-QUAKE ...

Download Both files and Give Feedback Via Comments

djbrotherson
June 12th, 2007, 20:40
niiiiice

O-bake
June 12th, 2007, 21:10
Can you give any details to the changes made to the Hexen port, please?

kgsws˜™
June 12th, 2007, 21:36
Some screenshots from multiplayer (deathmatch)
http://zdoom.ic.cz/psp/doom-a.png
http://zdoom.ic.cz/psp/doom-b.png
http://zdoom.ic.cz/psp/doom-c.png
http://zdoom.ic.cz/psp/heretic-a.png
http://zdoom.ic.cz/psp/heretic-b.png
http://zdoom.ic.cz/psp/heretic-c.png

Can you give any details to the changes made to the Hexen port, please?
Didn't you think heretic?
So changes from old versions ...
Both:
Sound Volume - it's value is controlled by distance of it's source.
Puff Bug (engine bug): puff does not appears when projectile (bullet, not rocket etc..) hits two-sided wall under sky.
Weapon selecting - old weapons selecting was making multiplayer out of sync (and heretic does not have any switcher)
Sky colormap (engine bug?) - when in GOD mode (no cheat) everything except sky was in different color

Heretic:
Added weapon switching
Fixed sound bug of imp (that red fling monster)
Added cheat menu in singleplayer
Added CPU settings in options
Added run mode in settings

O-bake
June 12th, 2007, 22:24
Of course i meant Heretic, sorry.

Sounds very nice, thank you :)

djbrotherson
June 12th, 2007, 22:51
Can you leave instructions on how to install this properly?

michael chan
June 13th, 2007, 00:52
Thxfor the port/update!

kgsws˜™, can u maybe make a version for heretic only single player?

cause i dont know anyone around me who has a psp.

so right when boot up heretic, it just boots up single player, it doesnt go to the choose single or multi player game. thx!

djbrotherson
June 13th, 2007, 01:45
Ok, i think i installed it.

I installed doom.wad and doom2.wad and these other files which are ._doom2.wad and ._doom3.wad

Which ones are the Pwads?

And how do I use Iwads?

I don't know what the hell these wads are but im assuming their some sort of achive with the gfx and sfx and maps etc etc

Edit: I can play doom and doom 2 but there is no music and the first time i used doom.wad i started the game and it crashed

then I used doom.wad for the main wad AND the pwad and it worked fine.... am I doing anything wrong?

gigacannon
June 13th, 2007, 02:30
The WAD files are indeed the graphics and sound files. You only need the doom.wad (or doom2.wad, for doom2) to run those games on a PC, those are the IWADs, any other WAD file is most likely a PWAD, which you don't need.

That said, is this a doom port, or a doom2 port too?

djbrotherson
June 13th, 2007, 03:13
Doom 2 works aswell

so what is a PWAD?

kgsws˜™
June 13th, 2007, 17:23
I don't know why it crashes with doom1, i have doom 1 with 4 episodes (port shows only 3) and it is playable.

PWAD is optional wad, it can contain everything as IWAS (format of file si same too except 1st bit) usualy PWAD contains new maps from somebody, or new graphics ...

So new map does not take size of original IWAD, but olny that map (new graphics)

fatcat04912
June 14th, 2007, 00:04
lol i just welded domm with counterstrike mods and played counterstrike doom with my friend lol we loved it

digitalvampirex
June 17th, 2007, 03:50
this is the best thing ever! i've been wanting heretic ported to the psp forever, now i have all the classic pc games i grew up with on psp, doom, heretic, quake, and descent :thumbup:

fatcat04912
June 18th, 2007, 03:18
great job on doom multiplayer it lasted 4 hours of mindless multiplayer fun thx .....

BlackShark
June 18th, 2007, 12:14
very awesome, Is the source code available? also, if you need more Maps/weapons etc, ask me, im a great Death Match map maker ;).
http://www.doomwadstation.com/2007/ripdm/

BlackShark
June 20th, 2007, 07:08
Well, I was able to test it today, it works very Well, though i don't like the up/down weapons control scheme, (im more of a side-side person myself :P) other than that, i was easily able to change the other controls :)

But yes again, will this ever be open Source?

pun1sh3r
June 21st, 2007, 00:16
I don't like how the center of your view is offset...but still, I've been waiting for a descent Heretic port. You can't play an FPS without strafing!(The old one couldn't strafe)

shirk
June 29th, 2007, 08:40
Would it be possible to implement saving and loading of savegames (at least the quicksave slot) in a future release? Or should this work already, and just doesn't on my PSP?

EDIT: Seems like savegames are enabled after all, but they only work with doom2.wad for me. Is there any particular version of doom.wad that's needed for savegames to work with PSP DOOM?

da1writer
July 8th, 2007, 11:16
Awesome job with heretic, I've been waiting forever for someone to port that over properly. You even have cheats with it as well. I know this thread doesn't talk about this but you did an awesome job with hexen as well :thumbup: ! Now If you fix some of the bugs of loading doom wads (Doom 1 crashes, probably because I'm using ultimate doom) and have music like the original did, I'd say you are a master at porting and working code. If you want a good project try and fix Stereomikes Dukenukem port, It has too many bugs to be even playable. You do this and you will be highly noted as being the best there is kgsws˜:)!

wraggster
July 8th, 2007, 12:04
i cant believe i missed this release. posted on main page now and also ive given you PSP Coder status now so any new releases can be posted directly as news :)

zheg_pagaza
July 8th, 2007, 18:39
if this new version of doom can be played in cooperative mode?

pun1sh3r
July 8th, 2007, 20:11
Awesome job with heretic, I've been waiting forever for someone to port that over properly. You even have cheats with it as well. I know this thread doesn't talk about this but you did an awesome job with hexen as well :thumbup: ! Now If you fix some of the bugs of loading doom wads (Doom 1 crashes, probably because I'm using ultimate doom) and have music like the original did, I'd say you are a master at porting and working code. If you want a good project try and fix Stereomikes Dukenukem port, It has too many bugs to be even playable. You do this and you will be highly noted as being the best there is kgsws˜:)!

Yeah...I didn't even bother to use the current Duke3d port cause of what people said about it. I'd like a Duke port.

Sharpy
July 9th, 2007, 11:33
awesome release, I like that new multiplayer feature, thanks kgsws

froggie22
July 9th, 2007, 12:38
so can someone give me a quick brief of how to make this game work? thanks

Goemon4
July 9th, 2007, 13:57
read the readme, theres a reason its there

but thanks! Love all of the old id games, thanks for the updates!

Tho it seems the Heretic screen is off cenetered fyi, hope this gets fixed (now to find someone to test the multiplayer with :( )

pun1sh3r
July 9th, 2007, 15:05
read the readme, theres a reason its there

but thanks! Love all of the old id games, thanks for the updates!

Tho it seems the Heretic screen is off cenetered fyi, hope this gets fixed (now to find someone to test the multiplayer with :( )

Yes, I know. I want that fixed...

This is the best Heretic source port though...the last one I tried wont let you strafe, and another wont even work.

Be3f
July 9th, 2007, 15:18
i cant believe i missed this release.
+1 :)
Awesome update, kgsws˜™! I've been waiting for more then a year for Doom & Heretic ports update with multiplayer support!

New bug in Doom: no music :( (there was music in 0.5+) Check the libtimidity in the DOOM-PSP 0.5+ sources!

LTrigger is still unbindable (I would like to bind use on it) The same thing with up/down arrows... Can you make arrows and analog directions bindable too?

About graphics - can you implement 480x272 res and gamma (brightness) option in Doom, like we have in Heretic? Maybe you could make hardware GU rendering for both ports, using some sorces of the PC's hardware DOOM ports & ps2dev GU-coding info?

About Heretic - it's Great, that you implemented the config file & edited the controls - v0.2 was almost unplayable without strafing! But it is still impossible (or I simply don't understand how) to bind my fav controls sheme:

"JoyButtons" walk & strafe
Analog - free look
RTrigger - fire
LTrigger - use/run
arrows - change weapon/inventory/use inventary

Same in DOOM! (of course without free look and inventory)

Oh yeah - updating Duke3D port is a good idia! :thumbup:

And how about reliasing the sources?

After all, HUGE THANKS!!!

pun1sh3r
July 9th, 2007, 15:38
I think Zdoom has a source code...ZdoomPSP would be awsome.

Safari Al
July 9th, 2007, 16:33
Very nice great job!

ALIEN771
July 11th, 2007, 05:12
Is there music in Heretic now?

Yrkoon
July 12th, 2007, 05:31
got it set up with doom 2 and it works awesome sweet job :)

is it possible to get hexen working through this?

zheg_pagaza
July 12th, 2007, 16:00
if this new version of doom can be played in cooperative mode?

playstationpod
July 15th, 2007, 05:19
Awesome!

Viper Snake
July 23rd, 2007, 06:30
I made update of this two ports, some bugs are away ( some new :P )

But best thing (i think) is Multiplayer AdHoc for 2 players (working), and for 4 players test code, i have only 2 PSP's so i can't try it, i hope it works.

Multiplayer is based on some AdHoc functions from PSP-QUAKE ...

Download Both files and Give Feedback Via Comments

Doom PSP 0.06 Multiplayer for 3 players: host loads, game is visible but can't do anything; the 2 client psps hang at black screen and try to load forever. I will see what happens for 4 players tomorrow, probably will be the same result though... [posted using my wii :P]

firemaster#1
August 27th, 2007, 18:53
Doom 2 works aswell

so what is a PWAD?

Can you give me the doom 2 iwad to my email/[email protected] if you can thanks :) Also to the author great release

Passa
September 18th, 2007, 23:40
Is the source code available for this release?..

guitaristbmh
September 24th, 2007, 00:56
Doom 2 works with no problems at all for me.
However, Doom 1 crashes when it's on the Title screen. The title screen switches from the Marine killing demons, to a picture of all the developers and everything. Then there is supposed to be a picture after the developer's pic. However, once it hits the developer's picture, the game says HELP2 cannot be found, and freezes.

I can still play Doom 1, but only if I hit 'new game' 'ultra violence'

XxJU571NxX
September 24th, 2007, 01:10
Sweet I love Doom PSP Awesome Update.

Bodomaniac
October 21st, 2007, 21:24
sorta new to the whole homebrew scene, to play this one does my psp HAVE to be downgraded?

hexbil
February 21st, 2008, 17:15
someone should port some of the old apogee games to the psp. That would be awesome. But doom, heretic, and quake should get me by.

Aliv3
September 17th, 2008, 00:27
Thanks for the Upload!!:thumbup:

test00
November 30th, 2014, 19:52
Ty :d:d:d:d:d:d