PDA

View Full Version : Turn your PSP into a 20-gig PMP

wraggster
June 8th, 2005, 19:20
DAPreview has done some groundwork to test out the possibility of using the Cowon iAudio X5 as a portable hard drive to freshen up content on your PSP, via its support for USB On-the-Go. This USB Host functionality lets you connect the two devices directly to share files without the need for a computer intermediary. The transfer between the two works just as expected, although hasn't been tested with large files to see how practical this might be in terms of transfer time. Even so, it would still be a handy way to swap content in and out while travelling, out and about, or even at home without needing to tie up a whole machine in the process.

leggy
June 8th, 2005, 19:22
What is a PMP?

Fly On
June 8th, 2005, 19:40
Personal Media Player? We get the idea.

quzar
June 9th, 2005, 06:56
I read it as 'pimp'.

shizzle
June 9th, 2005, 07:46
wouldn't that be prohibtivley expensive,i mean, you have a 20 gig pmp if you by that, it it will cost you the same amount to by a mem stick duo that lets you get anyhting on it...

Chucky
February 13th, 2006, 08:48
I've just bought a X5. One of the main reasons for my purchase was the possibility to connect it to my PSP. However, when I try to copy files from the X5 to the PSP I get "Access failure" error. Transfering files from PSP to X5 works though. I've searched the Internet but I can't find anything but people who have successfully transfered files to their PSPs. Does anyone have an idea?

woz77
February 13th, 2006, 20:07
The 20GB Fotochute with LCD works great with my PSP...

http://www.smartdisk.com/eWeb/smartdiskus/www/staticpages/FotoChute.asp

You can't stream files off the HD but it allows file transfer to and from the PSP using USB without connecting to a computer.