PDA

View Full Version : Front Mission 3?

coretactic
June 13th, 2007, 19:08
I've tried everything. From changing the ID, to reducing the amount of compression, and it still freezes up mid-battle. I'm on the mission where you're at the powerplant, and no matter what, no matter what version, how it's converted, it still freezes. I've tried on 3.40OE and now I'm on 3.30OE, and it still does. Does anyone have a clue how to fix it?

jonezybaby
June 13th, 2007, 20:21
most games work better with 3.03OE, try that dude!

coretactic
June 13th, 2007, 21:23
I'll try that and get back to you, thanks!

Morzas
June 13th, 2007, 23:48
Press start while in a battle and activate the battle skip feature.

coretactic
June 14th, 2007, 01:19
Actually, changing to 3.03 OEC fixed every problem, even with battle animations on. Thanks!

coretactic
June 14th, 2007, 11:49
Looks like it started freezing again at about 3 hours in. Agghhghg.

coretactic
June 16th, 2007, 04:10
So apparently it's being caused by a specific audio bug, since it only freezes when entering battle against a wanzer with destroyed legs. As soon as the leg sound starts playing, there's a good chance it will freeze.

danknugz
July 29th, 2008, 20:00
its been more than a year and still no fix for this. i wonder if someone could replace the offending audio file to experiment with it. its still the best game for psx~

Lomius
December 25th, 2008, 19:46
I have tested and verified that front mission 3 works flawlessly.

1 catch however, I will explain.

I have read in multiple threads that the intro was locking while the leg animation/sound effect was working now. This only seems true of a COMPRESSED eboot of the game. I had a compressed one I downloaded a while back. But I also have the actual PS1 game. So I just made an UNCOMPRESSED eboot of the game and I have been playing it for hours purposely going for the legs whenever I can.

No problems whatsoever. Runs like a dream and I can finally play one of my favorite games wherever I want.

Spread the news. I tried to google if anyone realized this game works. But found no such luck. This needs to be told because I know people have been trying to get this game to work for a couple years!

Have fun!:thumbup:

CoreyBattle
May 4th, 2009, 05:52
Well I can't say for sure, but I'm playing it on 5.00m33-3 Phat with 3.90 pops, uncompress and it hasn't freeze on destroying the legs. So go with this setting to see if it works!