PDA

View Full Version : Direct connect 2 DCs

nate9999
June 14th, 2007, 03:48
I was wondering if it would be easily possible to direct connect two dreamcasts to play Phantasy Star Online two player (obviously on two seperate screens) without connecting to the net at all?

NeoScriptor
June 14th, 2007, 04:03
I know you can connect two DCs with a Versus Link Cable, but I don't think this works with PSO. Mainly sports games.

beetroot bertie
June 14th, 2007, 13:54
I don't think the link cable was ever that readily available so there's few games that support the funtion. In fact the only 2 I can think of are Virtua On: Ontario Tangram and F355 Ferrari Challenge (which has the option hidden away anyway).

As NeoScriptor mentioned, I don't think PSO works with it.

nate9999
June 14th, 2007, 16:23
Any way to get it to work? or is it just too far out of reach?

JKKDARK
June 14th, 2007, 16:39
Dreamcast games supporting System Link:

Virtual On Oratorio Tangram (NTSC-U, NTSC-J)
F355 Challenge (NTSC-U, NTSC-J)
Aero Dancing F (NTSC-J)
Aero Dancing i (NTSC-J)
Sega Tetris (NTSC-J)

nate9999
June 14th, 2007, 18:19
I have a different question now, still about PSO though, so i'll just post it here. I have PSO v2 by the way. Would it be possible for me to download any of the "downloadable quests", burn them to a cdr, then copy them to my VMU right on my DC. I have windows XP on my PC and the effort of hooking the DC to the PC is just way too out there for me, so i cant copy anything like that. Thanks for any help.

Also, does the VMU cd hosted at dcevolution have any of that type of stuff on it by any chance? That would save me alot of trouble if it did. Thanks

Christuserloeser
June 14th, 2007, 21:48
Hm, I am not sure, maybe just give it a try. ;)

JKKDARK
June 14th, 2007, 23:27
I have a different question now, still about PSO though, so i'll just post it here. I have PSO v2 by the way. Would it be possible for me to download any of the "downloadable quests", burn them to a cdr, then copy them to my VMU right on my DC. I have windows XP on my PC and the effort of hooking the DC to the PC is just way too out there for me, so i cant copy anything like that. Thanks for any help.
Yes it's possible ;)

Also, does the VMU cd hosted at dcevolution have any of that type of stuff on it by any chance? That would save me alot of trouble if it did. Thanks
Go to Bucanero website and download the .cdi image full of saves and burn it on a CD-R ;)

nate9999
June 15th, 2007, 01:05
Ok, i've found the few quests i can still find online for Phantasy Star Online Ver 2 (they are pretty hard to come by for DC it seems these days). I'm just going to insert them into the VMU cd i downloaded from dcevolution to get them to my memory card. Unfortunatelly, i have to wait until tomarrow to get some more blank cdr's. The only question i have left is about something i read on the site i got the saves from. This is what it says by PSO v2:

"NOTE: I've been told that the version 2 quests are tied to the serial number, so playing a downloaded version on another system is not possible. I will still be archiving them here in case someone can crack the serial number coding."

Will this end up halting my progress? If so, i was planning on trying anyway, but would there be any way around it? Or is it even true?

Oh yeah, and one more thing ... I just copy the files to the VMU and activate the quests offline right in town right?

Thanks for all the help from you all on this.