PDA

View Full Version : YES YES YES! It's been anounced!!

oasismark
June 9th, 2005, 12:15
Sorry if it's old news, but it's the best news i've heard about the PSP for ages.

"

Pro Evo goes portable

Web posted on 7/6/05 Konami confirm PES5 for PSP, but could Nintendoids be missing out...?

In one of those wonderful 'letting the cat out of the bag' moments that we see a lot in this industry, Konami have confirmed the rather stupendously excellent news that their footie title to trounce all footie titles - Pro Evolution Soccer, and we still shudder at the 's' word - will be making its first handheld appearance on PSP. And all this on the back of Atari Australia (who publish the Pro Evo titles in Oz) adding Pro Evolution Soccer 5 on PSP to their release schedule. The idea of handheld Pro Evo, with the possibility of wireless multiplay too, has us positively drooling with anticipation. However, there are apparently no plans to see PES5 on the other big handheld of the moment - the Nintendo DS. This is a little surprising, as a list of apparently 'in-development' titles released by Nintendo last year included Winning Eleven (the Japanese version of Pro Evo).

Bad news for DS owners, but never say never, we reckon.

Other PE info sees rumours of an October 28th release for Pro Evo 5, with online play for PS2 a possibility after PES4 saw online console play for only the Xbox. This year's cover star and paid-handsomely-to-say-nice-things-about-the-game is Chelsea defender and PFA player of the year John Terry. Terry said, and we in no way would believe that his words were provided by PR bods at Konami, "I've been a massive fan of Pro Evolution Soccer for years now and am really pleased to be able to work with the talented people behind such a fantastic game. It's the game of choice for lots of players as it is so true to the real thing. I'm looking forward to getting involved - and getting to play advance versions on the way!" Thankfully, the news of PSP PES makes us happy enough to ignore John's use of the 's' word. C'mon John now, really...

"

Greensprout
June 9th, 2005, 12:38
I hope it loads quicker than FIFA!

tidusuk123
June 9th, 2005, 14:02
I heard that it might not come as Pro Evo on the DS, but there will still be a Winning Eleven - so DS owners may be looking at a Japanese version...

ptr.exe
June 9th, 2005, 16:29
Yeah, its almost definate there will be a Winning Eleven DS, but i doubt it will be released outside of Japan.

aseddon130
June 9th, 2005, 17:14
Pro Evo PSP ... YES :D :D :D :D

another to add to my 'to buy' list