PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall 3.40OE?

SnoopKatt
June 15th, 2007, 05:59
I installed 3.4OE while the battery was at 75% (I know that's minimum, but I've heard it can cause problems), and I think that made some glitches in the firmware. I don't have access to some options in recovery mode (just gives me a blue screen) and some games have trouble working correctly. Do I have to downgrade back to 1.5 and reinstall 3.4OE or can I just reinstall 3.4 from the XMB? Thanks for any help :)
EDIT: Nevermind, I looked around and it looked like it had to be downgraded and upgraded, so I did that. Anyways, I'm still having the same problem, when I try going into the configuration menu on recovery mode, I just get a blank menu. Is this new FW just having these problems or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it :D

masterelite9
June 15th, 2007, 06:33
I've never experienced that problem. I just re-flash it from the XMB, and it works fine. Maybe something's wrong with the DATA.DXAR file. Try constructing a new one and see what happens.

SnoopKatt
June 15th, 2007, 07:08
I first made it myself, then I redid it with a package someone made me, and then I remade it, and all three times it's given me the same problems.

masterelite9
June 15th, 2007, 07:27
Hmm...Have you tried simply rebooting the PSP?

SnoopKatt
June 15th, 2007, 07:33
Yeah, and I left it on the blank menu to see if anything would happen and it just shut down.

jeegee
June 15th, 2007, 10:51
Hmmmm .. Have you tried doing the reflash AFTER formatting your mem card? If not i recommend you backup your card, format it, run the 3.4 update maker again to generate new dxar, then run 3.4 flasher. May help, My friend had similar prob and this is what i did to correct it.

pt9087
June 15th, 2007, 23:47
Hmm, go to system settings... restore factory default settings!
try then if still not working, PM me!

SnoopKatt
June 16th, 2007, 07:21
Yeah, I was formatting the memory stick before I formatted it. Anyways, my friend was playing around with the web browser and for some reason everything works fine now. All the options are present. Thanks for replying by the way :)