PDA

View Full Version : Help with gpspDC

nate9999
June 15th, 2007, 19:12
I have never had good results with this emulator in the past, so i just want to make sure i am doing everything right. I have the plain files, gba_bios.bin, and all of my roms (not in a folder) right in the root of the cd. Is this correct so far? If so, am i ready to burn? or do i need to create some sort of romslist?

I was using a bios i "found" before and heard it could possibly be fake. I now have a real bios my brother flashed (or whatever you call it) for me from my gba. Will this make a difference, even though the "fake" one worked a little bit (shouldnt have worked at all right?)

Anyway, any help on getting this emulator working reasonably would be great.

oh yeah, do i need to rename my roms a specific way too?

nate9999
June 18th, 2007, 17:30
Hello, I don't know if I'm retarded or what, but the burning of gpspdc seems to be fighting me to the death for some reason.

I am familiar with BootDreams, Discjuggler, SBI, Alcohol, and most of the other DC programs, but I am still having trouble.

The only CD I have gotten to boot was with that "fake" bios, yeilding very poor results. I have the bios from my own GBA sitting here waiting to be used (is it true it is nearly full speed with it?).

Anyway, I was wondering if someone could just list, or point me to, a quick and general turorial so I can see what I am doing wrong (main problem is making a bootable CD with it, don't usually have problems making bootable CDs). Also wondering if I am missing some sort of small detail, like creating a romslist or something (is that needed in gpspdc?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated because if I can get this running better than the SNES emus out there, then I would never need an SNES emu (most games i liked for it were also released for GBA and i own the real copies). Thanks

Oh, I have also heard that the so called "fake" bios was developed a long time ago as some kind of "freeware alternative" to the real bios, which explains why it works somewhat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean that one is legal for distribution?

fackue
June 19th, 2007, 05:46
I gave it a try. The readme had everything I needed to know on how to set it up: the GBA bios named gba_bios.bin and the GBA roms both in the root folder. I tried it out -- it worked just fine at fairly decent framerates.

nate9999
June 19th, 2007, 14:55
You inspired me to try again, this time I went out and baught the most expensive cdr's i could find. It worked much better than before, it boots every single time now, some games even run noticably better, however, i just read a post not too long ago saying this emu was close to full speed, which i'm not seeing on mine. Is it because I am trying to mainly play final fantasy and zelda roms? are they still kinda big for this emu?