PDA

View Full Version : So, whaat do I do with this thing?

gtetrakai
June 17th, 2007, 01:07
ok... I know I'm not alone when I say I got tricked by Dantel. But now that I have this Max Media Player, and after reading about how much of a worthless item it is, is it still salvagable? Is there anything I can use it for? So far, I don't even want to try to get anything to work on it, out of fear of futility. Any suggestions?

voteforpedro36
June 17th, 2007, 03:48
Yeah, it's not that bad. Which one do you have? Did it come with a CF card, or without one? Or is it the slot-1 one (I don't think it is, that's not what it's called)?

gtetrakai
June 17th, 2007, 19:51
I got the 4gb hdd with the pass card. I'm just tryng to find a use for this little guy now.

voteforpedro36
June 18th, 2007, 01:00
Open up the GBA slot thing and take out the 4Gig card, and put in a better CF card. That should help with homebrew.

eomund
June 19th, 2007, 21:13
I have a 1gb lexmark cf card in mine and it works fine. I will idmit it's home brew capabilities aren't what I'd call super great but it's still a decent device.

I use mine mostly for video and mp3 use. It also works really well with the SCUMM homebrew.

Plus if you DLDI patch your homebrew apps, it'll help your compatability too. I'm not sure about the different cards, all I know is the cards have to be FAT or FAT16.