PDA

View Full Version : PS1 games not working anymore

IndianCheese
June 17th, 2007, 04:09
I haven't played my PS1 games in a while, but decided to load up Crash Bandicoot: Warped today. But my decision didn't fall through. When I picked it from the XMB, it said I must "activate the system" to "use this content". Keep in mind that I have 3.40 OE-A and my Crash Bandicoot: Warped game is obviously converted with Popstation. I converted this game a LOOOOONG time ago, so did Sony recently apply a patch and I have to reconvert my game with a newer version of Popstation?

Joe100517
June 17th, 2007, 06:16
I don't know why it would start doing that, but it isn't possible for Sony to force a patch into your PSP without you knowing it, is it? I've been running OE-C fine for months, but the other day when I loaded up Chrono Cross the buttons stopped responding every time at the screen where you pick which memory card to load. I'd then press the home button and that would work but I couldn't move down to highlight the option to exit so I'd have to turn off the PSP all the way. Then when I loaded up my Loco Roco UMD the buttons once more became unresponsive after getting into the menu screen.

Is there something in UMD's that tries to update your system and messes it up? I don't think I used any UMD's in it until Loco Roco and shortly after is when the problems began. I know it's not the same exact problem as yours, but they could be related.

parkermauney
June 17th, 2007, 06:21
Make sure you aren't running a custom opening_plugin.rco.

But I'm sure you would already know that now wouldn't you. :p

IndianCheese
June 25th, 2007, 22:24
Um...right on, I knew that! Come on, you think I'm stupid?????? HUH?????? Course not.

*swaps out rco*

Still broke.

pt9087
June 26th, 2007, 00:35
Font usually does it aswell the gjsdghdls.gbwd (somthing like that).