PDA

View Full Version : what it the dcemu rank structure

J sims
June 10th, 2005, 03:40
I was just curious about how the rank structure works. ex.(moderators,administrators, etc.)

leggy
June 10th, 2005, 07:06
The rank structure is very important. As you will see, I am a 'pro' and whenever you talk to me you must show me the greatest of respect and believe everything I say!

:D Only kidding, you build up your rank by the amount of posts you make, although to be a member of admin staff you would have to turn to the dark side ;)

shizzle
June 10th, 2005, 07:34
lol, dont corrupt the newbie.

leggy
June 10th, 2005, 12:45
:d

quzar
June 10th, 2005, 22:08
im at the top of this post =P

um... there are admins, they are at the very top. They have total forum control as well as ftp and site control. Under them are one or two universal mods (i think there is only one ATM). Then there are regular mods. For some reason the boards are not segmented at all, so any mod can mod anything.

Oh, also, all coder's (or at least all respected Dreamcast coder's) were given modship powers here (aka: me, gpf, sizious, etc etc)

leggy
June 11th, 2005, 10:19
How does one become a mod?

quzar
June 11th, 2005, 18:02
we're full up that i know of. A good portion of the mods are already set respected members of the community. In the first year... well, on the old forums, there werent that many mods, but with the transferr all frequenting DC coders were made mods, so I think the whole system is full at the moment. I'm pretty sure what will happen is that if the need arises, wraggster will appoint new mods to specific sections, but there doesnt seem to be that need at the moment.

leggy
June 11th, 2005, 21:32
quzar - thanks for letting me know :)

Cap'n 1time
June 11th, 2005, 23:57
hmph.. mods.. i dont trust em.. always spelling properly.. always giving moral advice.. id better watch em.

leggy
June 12th, 2005, 10:37
hmph.. mods.. i dont trust em.. always spelling properly.. always giving moral advice.. id better watch em.

LOL - all they use is the spellcheck :D

Lord_Rob
June 12th, 2005, 15:06
Lol