PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Analogue Stick help

Syn_904
June 17th, 2007, 22:54
The left analogue stick of my PS2 is having faults. During FF12, the character should run when the analogue stick is moved however, it will only walk to the right, yet run in all other directions. I realised that if i just slightly nudge to stick upwards [seriously just a minute amount], it makes the character run to the right... as if what should happen when moving the stick to the right now happens when nudging it slightly up :confused: This is also making problems for running straight forward, as its trying to run right also. Sorry if this sounds confusing, but god, its so annoying. :mad: I've tried taking it apart, but i can't seem to find anything wrong with it. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

JKKDARK
June 17th, 2007, 23:51
You have the same problem with other games, right? Maybe you should replace it with a new analog stick

Tesseract
June 18th, 2007, 00:02
I've had a similar problem, myself. It almost seems like a calibration problem. Odd thing is that it's affected EVERY third-party controller I own. Basically, the left stick input will drift severely to the right, and in most cases, pulling left on the stick just barely gets you to the center point. (Makes ya dizzy in an FPS. ^^; )

It happens with different games, too. (Most often, I'll haul them out for TimeSplitters, but it did the same thing when I'd use them with an adapter on the XBox for Halo.) I NEVER have an issue like this with my stock SONY Dual-Shock controllers, though....

Ah well. If anyone knows of a way to re-calibrate a PS2 controller, that'd rule. I love my third-party controllers. The Retro-Con is hard as hell to find nowadays, and the Stealth controller is just so silky.......

Syn_904
June 18th, 2007, 00:20
You have the same problem with other games, right?

Yeah it does it with every game :( Its weird because it was working fine for ages, and then all of a sudden i turn it on and it wouldn't run to the right. Then it just kept getting worse over time >_<