PDA

View Full Version : FF7 combined discs

robotdevil
June 18th, 2007, 04:05
Just wondering if anyone has figured a way to combine the FF7 discs into a single EBOOT for the PS1 EMU on the PSP. I already know how to convert the CD ISO to EBOOT, just wondering if there's a way I can save space and time.

I realise that the game code may make this a moot point (if the game is set to ask for the next disc at a certain point rather than missing info). But it's a question worth asking I think.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

king_of_metal
June 19th, 2007, 02:47
I always thought it'd be possible. The game itself is on every disc, the movies are the only thing that changes from disc to disc.

pibs
June 19th, 2007, 03:19
maybe recompiling the discs into one iso with magic iso ripper and converting them but i doubt it would work or else it would be posted around here.

h4s30
June 19th, 2007, 03:23
that would be pretty cool to do though

robotdevil
June 19th, 2007, 05:02
Well, as I have FFVII and UltraISO I think I'll give it a try. I'll let you all know how I fare.

wolfpack
June 19th, 2007, 05:49
it sounds possible but the only thing that sounds dodgy to me (like you mentioned) would be the code itself in the game asking to switch discs, and yes tell us how far youd get, it would be kinda cool, save up some clutter on the memory stick.

robotdevil
June 19th, 2007, 15:41
didn't get far :( When combined they create an ISO file about 1.3GB in size, not too terrible really. However, when converted with popstation it freaks out (prolly cause ultraiso tagged it as a DVD) and makes an EBOOT file 4.78GB in size. Since I only have a 2GB mem stick I have not tested this file, however I'm pretty sure it's junk.

I'm gonna keep playing with ultraISO and see if I can keep it tagged for CDFS at that size, but at this point it doesn't look promising.

Triv1um
June 19th, 2007, 17:48
Not possible that way.

Even if you get it to play that way, the game doesnt know what to do untill you put the next disc in. IT wont know were to look. Use abit of common sence. I doubt you will get it to run anyway.

Good luck on your road to no-where.

robotdevil
June 19th, 2007, 19:39
It begins. Naysayers come forth now.

First off, if you actually read the first post I did mention that, and decided to try anyway. Secondly, if you bother to look at the disc structure each disc has EXACLY the same information with the exception of the movies folder. That would leave me with the impression that it IS possible, just highly unlikely.

And finally, the original design of the PlayStation had called for a DVD player instead of CD. So given the development cycle of FFVII it is quite likely that the game was developed for DVD and made to run on CD, and the data structure would seem to support this theory as well.

I would advise you to read posts from the first post down, and stop posting just to get your numbers up, it doesn't make you look smart, just makes you look like an ass.