PDA

View Full Version : DS/GBA emulation

dragonlee71
June 19th, 2007, 02:53
once i get the ez-flash cartridge i ordered, i'll have everything i need for emulation on the DS. I have been able to find a decent NES emulator for DS and somewhat of an SNES emulator for DS.

I was wondering, instead of using DS emulators, could I put NES/SNES emulators made for Game Boy Advance onto the flash card and just boot from the GBA cart?

I ask this because it seems there is no stable SNES emulator made for DS, so I thought it might be better to just use the GBA ones.

Thanks~

DanTheManMS
June 19th, 2007, 03:57
The SNES emulators for the GBA are much more limited than the ones for the DS (no sound, slow speed), but you are free to try. Your two options are SNES Advance and Snezziboy. For both, you'll want the updated SuperDAT file. With SNES Advance, download the latest updated SuperDAT from the SNES Advance forum at the PocketHeaven forums (it's a stickied topic) and put it in your folder, overwriting the old one. With Snezziboy, you'll want to rename it to snezzi.dat and then check http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Snezzi_dat to see if there are any Snezziboy-specific patches for certain games you wish to play. Open up the .dat file with Notepad to edit or replace specific entries.

However, SNEmulDS for the DS would probably be your best bet for SNES emulation on a Nintendo handheld.

dragonlee71
June 19th, 2007, 07:40
thanks for the extensive reply :D

I'll be sure to try out both options, i'm glad you told me about the updated .dat, i probably wouldn't have ever found it ^_^

thanks again ~