PDA

View Full Version : Renamed rom, save files gone, help please.

::Xraxa, plz:.
June 19th, 2007, 03:43
I have an R4ds, and a FF III rom on it. I renamed the rom on my memory card, and now my save file is gone. Is there anyway to recover it? Please help.

kcajblue
June 19th, 2007, 04:50
i dont have an r4.
but there is no rom talk on these forums.
you should ask at afterdawn or somwhere else.

mik3y08
June 19th, 2007, 05:01
WRONG! If it is your own backed up rom then you can discuss it here, b/c even in one of the stickies it talks about backed up roms. Back to your question though, I do have a R4 and that shouldn't have happened. The save should still be there named the same as it was, are you sure you didn't delete it on accident or something? It is always a good idea to back up your saves also, just in case.

::Xraxa, plz:.
June 19th, 2007, 05:35
I didnt make a save file, when ever the dialog came up i just said no, so i assumed it save in the .nds file or something. I dunno. But as soon as i Renamed it, my save was gone. I even changed the name back (desparate attempt) and nothing was different. Weird.

kcajblue
June 19th, 2007, 06:54
WRONG! If it is your own backed up rom then you can discuss it here, b/c even in one of the stickies it talks about backed up roms. Back to your question though, I do have a R4 and that shouldn't have happened. The save should still be there named the same as it was, are you sure you didn't delete it on accident or something? It is always a good idea to back up your saves also, just in case.uhh.wtf are you talking about.
youre wrong.
why dont you read the rules and then tell me that again.

mik3y08
June 19th, 2007, 20:15
um how bout you take a look at the sticky that tells you how to get backed up roms to play on a one slot card, if it is against the rules then why have a sticky telling us how to do it? And besides i could care less, just trying to help this person out.

And to your question... If you didn't make a save file then idk what to tell you, I always make save files. I don't think it will save to the .nds, so if you didn't make a .sav file i think you might be screwed. sorry

mik3y08
June 19th, 2007, 20:31
Ok well for the link to the sticky click here! (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32500) Now go bout 1/2 way down on that post and it says

"How to PLAY in DS mode:-

To load commercial NDS roms using SuperCard you need:

1. SuperCard Lite - with the latest FIRMWARE installed on it.
2. Micro SD card with SPECIAL patched NDS ROMS *.nds.dsi
3. SuperPass, PassMe, Magic Key with one Nintendo DS game in it. (ANY game)

(Also works without PassMe IF you have modified your DS firmware with FlashMe/Wifime/Passme. When you've got your Metroid Demo or any other game in your DS slot, hold down A+B+X+Y as soon as you power on your DS.)

How to play NDS games:

1.Make a abck up NDS rom & patched game.
2.Transfer the patched DS onto Micro SD .
3.Plug SC in to GBA slot, and Plug Micro SD into SC slot, turn on your DS.
4.Find the game from the SC main menu, press A."

So makes no sense to me that you say I can't when they do in a sticky.....

kcajblue
June 20th, 2007, 06:18
how about dont double post.
and read the rules.
that isnt the rules.

this is the rules
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=218&a=4

BlueCrab
June 20th, 2007, 16:19
No talking about making backup or getting backup/warez running on your system.

The rules seem pretty specific about this subject. As for that sticky, I'm going to investigate.

TOPIC LOCKED