PDA

View Full Version : Help...New PSP

pun1sh3r
June 19th, 2007, 15:32
I'm kinda new...I don't post much.

My brother was about to get a PSP at Best Buy yesterday, but my dad wanted to wait to check something about reward-zone stuff.(he found out it doesn't work with consoles) I want to get the stuff to downgrade in advance. We will go today.
They have PSPs with the K code(2.71) and the I code(2.60). I think he's getting the 2.71 one and I want to use this (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/downgrader-for-2-80-2-80-with-ta-082-and-hen-d-for-2-80-released-49355.html) downgrader...so I'm going to need the 2.80 update.(Is this reliable? here (http://dl.qj.net/System-Firmware-v2.80-USA-PSP/pg/12/fid/9070/catid/163))

Is there a better way to do this or am I set? I want to use this downgrade cause it has all those safety precautions(I still want the update either way...just incase)

(btw...I'm at 3.40OE by using that 3.03 GTA downgrade, but I can't do it again for my brother cause the dude I borrowed it from moved.)

Welshboy
June 19th, 2007, 15:49
Get the one with the I or K code, both are downgradable without the need for GTA:LCS. Whether they'll be Ta-82's I don't know...............but still they're both downgradable.

robotdevil
June 19th, 2007, 15:52
You are pretty well set man. From what I can tell though the TA-082 boards can be finnicky for no reason, so bear that in mind. Also Best Buy does not sell alot of PSP's (at least in my area) so it's possible that neither of those will be the TA-082 board so double check before you download. Other than that you should be set man.

pun1sh3r
June 19th, 2007, 15:54
Do you think the link to the 2.80 eboot is reliable?
I want to use the safest one, and the 2.80 downgrader looks the safest.

pun1sh3r
June 19th, 2007, 16:00
Get the one with the I or K code, both are downgradable without the need for GTA:LCS. Whether they'll be Ta-82's I don't know...............but still they're both downgradable.

You are pretty well set man. From what I can tell though the TA-082 boards can be finnicky for no reason, so bear that in mind. Also Best Buy does not sell alot of PSP's (at least in my area) so it's possible that neither of those will be the TA-082 board so double check before you download. Other than that you should be set man.
"Downgrader for 2.80, 2.80 with TA-082, and HEN-D for 2.80 released!"
Doesn't it work if/if not you have the TA-082?

Welshboy
June 19th, 2007, 16:04
The 2.80 downgrader patches the motherboard automatically I think if it's a Ta-82.

Axelius
June 19th, 2007, 17:03
I have used this downgrader just yesterday (one of my friends bought a psp). But it was a little strange: At first we used the 2.71 downgrader for nonTa82 (there was no writing in the UMD slot) but when we ran the downgrader it said that it was not a Ta79-81...
Then we upgraded to 2.80 and used the 2.80 downgrader for all motherboards (the one you want to use)
And now it was really strange: when we wanted to use the idstorage changer, it said it was not a ta82 and thus needn't be executed...Then we used the downgrader and it worked perfectly...
There were even more strange things: I think you need the AC plugged in when you perform a Sony Update...we'll we didn't do that and it still worked...
But, after all it all went fine, and now he has 3.40OE installed on his psp!!

By the way: I downloaded the updates from this (http://www.portablegaming.de/homebrew-psp/27600-offizieller-downgrade-thread.html) page. It's a German forum, but I think you will understand it: In the second post are all downloads you need. Except for the downgrader itself: I used the one on the left side from dcemu...

parkermauney
June 19th, 2007, 17:31
You can trust the update from qj, I've used them many times.

Cloudhunter
June 19th, 2007, 18:16
Or you could use this all-in-one guide...

Team Reigns PSP upgrading and downgrading AIO (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1044)

Cloudy

pun1sh3r
June 21st, 2007, 00:12
Thanks...I'm done here.

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 02:45
Done with the forums eh? Just use us for our help then your gone in a flash! That's always the story!

jk

pun1sh3r
June 21st, 2007, 04:23
Heh...I meant this thread.

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 07:22
I know, I was jking.

pun1sh3r
June 23rd, 2007, 04:17
Okay...I'm not done yet. My brother has his PSP(not downgraded yet), the downgrader [here] (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49355) says nothing about not using fake memory sticks...and I heard you shouldn't use 'em cause a possible brick(for a different downgrader I think). Should I just get a temporaty 32mb or should I worry since it doesn't say anything on the downgrade?

It should be fine right?...the page says nothing of the fake memory sticks, and the downgrader has many safety checks.
(Mah 2 gig is fake...the surface is smoothed, the code is printed, then magicgate is unknown...it's fake(hehe...but it works, and has worked for months of use!))

parkermauney
June 23rd, 2007, 04:39
It increases the brickage chance to like 25% I think. I don't know, somepeople have done it with fake memsticks.

mnuhaily22
June 23rd, 2007, 04:51
Try to go original with these things, they can't be messed with, or else, they might die on you...so be careful...

pun1sh3r
June 23rd, 2007, 04:59
Yeah...I'll just get a 32mb, they're so cheap anyway.

Axelius
June 23rd, 2007, 05:31
It increases the brickage chance to like 25% I think.
I think you're exaggerating, but I wouldn't do it with a fake memorystick. Even if it increases the chance just to 1% that would still be to much for me...

However, wasn't there a program to check whether your stick is real or fake?

parkermauney
June 23rd, 2007, 06:00
No I'm not. I've seen it on some website before.
(And that would've been with a malfunctioning fake memstick.)

pun1sh3r
June 23rd, 2007, 23:40
It's done...my brother has his 3.40OE-A PSP and he's love'n it...bada ba ba ba...

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/04/red_blue/image/mcdonalds.jpg