PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Faulty dvd drive and hd dvd drive!!

zonic
June 19th, 2007, 17:55
one of the 3 companies who make the drives only 2 of them produce the product correctly only 1 of the 3 companies doesnt thats why the 360 locks up faulty
dvd drive and disk tray wont open white screen red flashing lights are because the drive is faulty and microsoft doesnt test for problems i just gotten my console back yeasterday and still the drive wouldnt open:( im sending it back because its a good system but it wont work:mad: but microsoft wont admit theyve messed up horribly by using those drive parts form that company:rofl: . Also the dvd hd drive and regular drive have the same flaws scratching and burning disks to a crisp!:eek: .
dont worry microsoft replace the original drives with new ones. microsoft made another mistake they send out the wrong systems to the customers with
fualts dont blame it on diagnostics or repair. diagnostics pick up on some defaults but not all even if its the problem you send in for.

beetroot bertie
June 19th, 2007, 19:03
Whilst I've never had my 360 scratch a disc, it does suffer from the sticking tray that won't open.

Leaving a disc in seems to solve the problem as it only occurs (in my instance anyway) when there is no disc in the drive. My 360 is vertical. I've read that having it horizontal may also solve this problem in some cases.

If you want to get the tray open you can always force it open by taking off the face plate and trying the straightened paperclip method outlined here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070420110540AAMDQ00&show=7

It will also open sometimes if you try to push the tray front in just as it tries to eject.

That might help just so you can get a disc in to see if it works fine everywhere else.

zonic
June 20th, 2007, 16:18
alright but microsoft hasnt fixed my console and just gave me back my broken one.
i tried havving it vertical and horizontal it wouldnt
open because the tray sticks alot because the tray thats used is made by 3 different companies only 2 manufacture the dvd rom properly but one does not.
my mom to the "agent" why dont you just give me a new one instead of getting it back broken in the same condition.