PDA

View Full Version : Help!

andrew foden
June 20th, 2007, 23:05
My son has ejected a new game 1/2 way through updating the software? now the PSP will not operate :( is there a way to return it to factory set or something?

Triv1um
June 20th, 2007, 23:10
Wrong forum but still...

If your son messed it up while doing firmware update you have what we call a "brick".

A brick is where your PSP has non of the internal files that's makes the PSP run. So without these your PSP doesn't know what to do when its turned on, because there is nothing there.

Its much like trying to run a computer with a corrupt/deleted OS.

So really its time to buy a new psp or send it back to sony for a replacement (if you still have warranty)

AvengedSevenfold Fan
June 21st, 2007, 00:43
I dont see how ejecting a game would effect the update, but since that is not listed as a precaution in the update, if your PSP is still under warranty, call Sony and they should replace it.

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 05:22
He was most likely updating via the umd.

VampDude
June 22nd, 2007, 03:58
My son has ejected a new game 1/2 way through updating the software? now the PSP will not operate :( is there a way to return it to factory set or something?

lol, it's BRICKED...

...Ejecting a game through an update does not cause any problems, as the update files are temporarily stored on the PSP as it is updating itself so therefore the updating procedure won't halt under any circumstance unless the PSP has no power therefore it will power off and possibly not power back on to a working state. Your son has obviously done something he shouldn't of, you can buy a new motherboard from China for around £60 ($100). My PSP motherboard (which replaced a brick) has a built in recovery mode so either way you look at it my PSP will never BRICK :D my other PSP I'm careful with cause it doesn't have recovery mode :(

laughtub
June 23rd, 2007, 09:04
I would take a blow torch and melt it. Don't forget to take a video it i would like to see.